New military weapon

Help Support CattleToday:

Slick, "They" have been working on the railgun concept for 50 years (maybe more). At one time some bright guy thought it would be a good launch vehicle for space craft but then discovered all such launches would have to be unmanned because us mortals would not be able to stand the acceleration. Interesting to see they have finally gotten it to the point they can have test shots.

News to me. This video was a year ago and the article I read about it was just published. Looked recent to me, but I don't really look out for this kinda stuff. Thanks for the heads up.

At one time it seems they had thoughts it would be a good way to launch building materials into space to build SkyLab or maybe it was the ISS.

lavacarancher":2hwhv3uo said:
Slick, "They" have been working on the railgun concept for 50 years (maybe more). At one time some bright guy thought it would be a good launch vehicle for space craft but then discovered all such launches would have to be unmanned because us mortals would not be able to stand the acceleration. Interesting to see they have finally gotten it to the point they can have test shots.

I don't believe that. Should probably run a few thousand trials with child molesters and rapists. All in the name of science of course

Latest posts