New Member Introduction

Help Support CattleToday:

GAdawg

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just found the board today. Looks like a nice forum. I am from Lavonia, GA. up here in the Northeastern part of the state near the S. C./Georgia line off I-85 on Lake Hartwell. I am looking into getting some cattle in the near future and thought it may be a good idea to get some expert help from you all if I need it in the future. I have never been in the cattle business. I recently developed an online auction site designed for Farmers, Hunters, and Fishermen and spend most of my time tinkering with that and will soon have some free time on my hands that I plan on spending on messing with some cows. Anyway, I look forward to some good informative in depth conversations with you all and hope to meet some of you in the future.

Thanks,

Yes, welcome thanks for registering!

Please excuse the rifraf. And please try not to judge us all on a few idiots' comments. Most of us enjoy each other's company. :cboy:

Welcome aboard and thanks for registering.

Pay attention to certherfbeef's comments.

Hope you enjoy being on here.

Welcome, hope you enjoy yourself here. You will find, as I have, that you can learn alot of valuable information here.

Spent quite a bit of time in you area when I was a kid. I had an aunt that lived in Lavonia.

Welcome-

I am from Central Texas, Grimes County. We have around 50 cows give or take, I have been messing with cattle for about 4 years so I am a novice cattle person also and I have learned more from this board and website then any other source. You will learn quickly who knows their stuff if you spend some time reading old posts and probably find answers to a lot of things you have been wondering and a lot of interesting facts and tidbits that you probably would have never thought of - at least I know this way all true for me.

It's good to have new people with new ideas!

Thanks for joining

Anonymous":3elt0vba said:
Welcome-

I am from Central Texas, Grimes County. We have around 50 cows give or take, I have been messing with cattle for about 4 years so I am a novice cattle person also and I have learned more from this board and website then any other source. You will learn quickly who knows their stuff if you spend some time reading old posts and probably find answers to a lot of things you have been wondering and a lot of interesting facts and tidbits that you probably would have never thought of - at least I know this way all true for me.

It's good to have new people with new ideas!

Thanks for joining
Hey Sid,
Where abouts you at over there. I got a close friend over to Iola. Was wondering if maybe you knew him. Gressett's the name.

Robert C.,
you wouldnt happen to be related to Scott Brown from Hartwell would you? they got a place on the lake too.. good friend of mine.

Haven't been here for quite a while, but it was raining again this evening and the newsletter came and I thought I'd stop by.

Couldn't remember my old password so registered anew.

I think I can get the hang of this...quite a bit different...and absolutely no names that I've recognized so far in scrolling through.

I'm in Maryland were land is expensive and cows are cheap. LOL

Run a herd of between 70 and 80 angus cows. AI most to Angus but throw
in other breeds at times. Latest is South Devon semen. Farm 350 acres, calve April to June, grass fed operation. Make a good portion of my own hay.

Well that's enough introduction I think.

Welcome, welcome! Always nice to get "new blood" on the boards.. someone new to harass anyway! It's been pretty tame here lately!

Triple D

I don't get out much so I don't know a lot a people. Don't recognize the name. I just bought a heifer and cow from a guy in Iola 2 weekends ago. Sure enough jam up good heifer. He said he was selling out and moving to the coast. My fiances grandpa leases some land in Iola somewhere, he lives in Anderson, name's Hoffart. Our place is south of Navasota on 6. Where are you located?

sidney411":pg1iagef said:
Triple D

Hey Sid,
Glad to hear your happy with your heifer. She can't be one my bud's though. He ain't going no where. He's been at it for about 30 years now. Got a fine crop of good cows and good grass. Yep, done ok for himself, pretty good size operation. I'm a ways from you. I'm up on 14, north of Brynn, Bremond. Up Kosse way. I ain't got the money it takes to buy the ground down your way. :lol:

I don't get out much so I don't know a lot a people. Don't recognize the name. I just bought a heifer and cow from a guy in Iola 2 weekends ago. Sure enough jam up good heifer. He said he was selling out and moving to the coast. My fiances grandpa leases some land in Iola somewhere, he lives in Anderson, name's Hoffart. Our place is south of Navasota on 6. Where are you located?

I appreciate the welcome everyone. I'll be keeping an eye on your posts and hope to get some good tips from them. Thanks again.

Beefy,

I know a good many people over in Hartwell, but I can't recall a Scott Brown. Franklin and Hart Co. are two pretty small places so I'm sure I'll probably cross paths with him sometime if I haven't already.

Latest posts