New Member Checking In

Help Support CattleToday:

Welcome Madbeancounter1, you ll find this board very interesting full of information, and very friendly people they have helped me alot.

Madbeancounter1, we just moved from Carroll County Arkansas last year. Got drug away from there kicking and screaming the whole way. We were between Berryville and Eureka Springs.

Loved the area. Only problem was we had about 1/2 mile of the Kings river running through our place and due to Oklahoma and Missouri (where I am now) complaining they were going to began restricting our fertalizer applications as they said it was polluting the streams. I left before it all went into effect. I think the dang law got passed real easy as it only affected like 2 or 3 counties in NW Arkansas so other than the Cattle Association lobbying for us there was not much resistance to the bill that became law. Sure was gonna hurt a lot of poultry producers as well as the folks that spread it in the area as well as restrictions on their litter sales and applications were gonna be a pain.

Sorry to get off track in the welcome here department. If your in Carroll county let me know especially if your looking for some nice Guyman bermuda square baled as I still got some left down there in a friends barn. I've gotten rid of most of it but still have at least a 100 bales left.

J

They did get something passed and I forget now what the pH levels were that they are trying to impose but it seemed impossible that anyone could meet them. I read somewhere that the poultry companies are gearing up for another go around. We'll see what comes of it.

The question that I'd like to ask is where do the Oklahoma poultry farmers fit into this equation. Surely there are poultry farms that are discharging or have runoff into the Illinois river and other scenic waterways in the eastern part of the state.

EIEIO - please check your inbox... Thanks

Terry I just did check the in box and may have sent you as many as 3 replies but it ain't showing up in my outbox like any of the other e-mails I've sent out from today.

In case you did not get anything from me the short side of it is we are headed out of town and I doubt I'll be on the computer tomorrow. Send me an e-mail sometime Sunday so when get back home on the 24th. I'll remember about the hay. We may be leaving out tomorrow but just send the e-mail on Sunday so I don't open it and forget about it. Should have between 125-133 bales of prime Guyman that I need rid of.

J

Howdy from Texas,,fellers and gals. New member checking in. I've been reading all the posts for a while and thought i'd say hey. Lotsa pretty good stuff here.

Am retired now,,and we (uh,,mostly the family members) run the family farm. Our place is located in north central Texas. For those of you who enjoy browsin and looking around,,we have a website,,,located at

http://www.reedfamilyranch.com/

Thanks!,,,looking forward to getting to know everybody.

oljim":aep06zqj said:
Howdy from Texas,,fellers and gals. New member checking in. I've been reading all the posts for a while and thought i'd say hey. Lotsa pretty good stuff here.

Am retired now,,and we (uh,,mostly the family members) run the family farm. Our place is located in north central Texas. For those of you who enjoy browsin and looking around,,we have a website,,,located at

http://www.reedfamilyranch.com/

Thanks!,,,looking forward to getting to know everybody.

Nice site there Jim. Enjoyed the pictures.