New Mare

Help Support CattleToday:

I like her. I don't know much about her ancestors but I don't judge a horse much by papers anyway. She almost got a no-no from me as she comes close to having 3 white feet but I see the hooves are black on the front. Nice small feet (I like that). Her neck almost comes a little to close to the bottom of her chest for me but that may just be the picture. She appears to have a nice butt. The chest could be bigger for my taste but maybe she just hasn't been worked enough to build it up.

Bottom line is she looks like a keeper if no other problems. Got plans for her?

JMHO

Nice mare, We have a driftwood mare her sire was Ikes Driftin Drift she also has Hancock on her dams side. She is 6 now. Great cow sense. How old is your mare? Ours is 15 hands and she weighs about 1150, she had her height at about 3 but filled out till she was 5. Ours is hard headed though if you give an inch she will take a mile.

Thanks for the compliments. She is a nice mare and I plan on using her for sorting and penning. She is a big girl, 15.1 and about 1150lbs. I sold a nice 13yo gelding to buy her and she just turned 5. Never been saddled until I got her and she is coming along real nice, other than the occasional buck. Guess that is to be expected though.

Smart Slider,
No offense taken at all, just interested in your opinion on the top side. Can you elaborate for me. I want to learn and have not taken any offense at all. Thanks.