new mail check scam

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
The neighbor lady got a check delivered FED EX overnight delivery, in the amount of $1900 from a University in Georgia. She had no idea why she got it, or who sent it, other than the name on the check. Her daughter called the University, and they told her that the check was a counterfeit, that there is a ring of people that have been doing this for about 6 months now, and they send the checks, Fed Ex to make it more believable, so some people have deposited the checks, and some banks actually have cashed them, but eventually it is found out to be fraudulent, then the person who deposited the check is the one they charge with fraud.

After they send the check to whoever, they call them on the phone, and ask them if they deposited the check, and word it like they need more info, and get their personal info, so they can, steal their identity. Hard to believe that anyone would be dumb enough to fall for this whole thing, but its happening.

I just wonder how they got her name. She s a older lady, so I think maybe she responded to something in her email or online, that they zereod in on her.

Just a FYI

GMN

Thanks for the headsup. Seems there is always a scheme brewing. And as the economy tanks more will show up I would bet.

cowman30":1ytvh5su said:
damned nigerians.
I wish there was a way to prosecute them. :mad: Or atleast to send bad viruses to the IP address, that teach them a little lesson

Jalopy":399op40k said:
Thanks for the headsup. Seems there is always a scheme brewing. And as the economy tanks more will show up I would bet.

I'm getting more and more of these at my Hotmail address. Evidently even the scammers are having to work harder.

Latest posts