New Low

Help Support CattleToday:

Ranchcop":1zlj9mkm said:
[
To the folks monitoring these topics, I have complained to you before in private messages, now I am complaining here in the open, it is not hard to find these guys that are verbally attacking me, and here is a out right statement that they are doing it on purpose. So tell me would you like me to stay on this forum teaching folks about organics or would you rather have these MEN playing their little games? Just follow any of my messages and you can see the 6 or 7 that come after me everytime!

Ranchcop are you for real? I am an X-cop myself (O.P.P.) and I find it hard to see you lasting on the job. Did you complain like this to your Staff Sargent about other guys on the force? Were is your back bone man? I always thought that Texas cops were tough. I only met a few during my career but the ones I met were hard as nails! What gives pardoner? I do not mean to come down on you to hard but take the "cop" out of your handle if you are going to act like this. PLEASE It is embarrising!

RainMan":6uc5igi9 said:
I personally do not see the big deal with CB's (aka God of this site) smoke and mirrors. For all I know he could be selling womens shoes at Nordstroms with a handy cattle book at his side waiting to set the bait. And even more important, I couldn't care less.

When it's time for the hobby ranchers like myself to learn something there are a number of people on here that give FREE advice, which is appreciated, without shooting there mouth off. He is like that kid in the grocery store that wont shut up.
IMHO
CW

If you follow the threads, Caustics credentials have been verified by other members that have met and or know him.

And even though Caustic gives some a hard time, I have noticed it is usually the extremely off the wall ones that get the brunt of his sarcasm! If you are a beginner and post a simple question, like any suggestions on a corral design, when should i wean off a calf, something that does not involve chicken poop, fish guts, ostriches, floating cows, or how to make them tamer. You will get straight forward and useful suggestions.

If him and others like him on here did not call the bluff of people claiming the can raise a cow for $100.00 a year then beginners like me would really believe I could get rich raising a few cows with such low overhead. He kind of serves as the stupid police in my opinion. I know if he calls someone out on what they say, I pay close attention to that thread because there might be some misinformation floating around in there.

Dang see the potential of making a little money on the side takin them old catfish heads and guts from trot lining and selling for fertilizer. Just trying to defer a little of that 375 bucks a head cost.
Didn't know there was a fish gut cop.

popcornsmiley.gif
popcornsmiley.gif
popcornsmiley.gif
popcornsmiley.gif

$100.00 a month in feed is pretty much what I spend to for our cow. So I dont see a problem there. Well actually it isn't $100.00 yet since we haven't increased the grain yet but it will be.

Sorry but though Ive only been here a little while I haven't seen CB really give any advice that someone else hadnt already given. I have seen about a dozen people who willingly answer questions and RARELY put anyone down.

Then you have a few (sorry but seems to include CB) who will ignore the question and use the person's thread to start a fight.

As for this "thresher" idea some are trying to float. Who gave you the right to attempt to separate anyone from anyone?

Also as for ANYONE making the judgement that I am either a "cubical cowboy" or anyhing else you want to call me, it isnt going to make me sell my animals or give up so you might as well stop trying to start fights with me or just ignore my questions.
Guess what it wouldnt be the first time an "expert" (remember, ex-drip under pressure) has told someone they cant do something and the person goes off and does it.

As for these users who have met him, seems just about anyone here could get as many user accounts as they want. I could make 50 and have them all saying what an expert I am. That dont make it so though.

I know I am a beginner. But I am at least a beginner with manors which in my book is 1000 times better than an "expert" who has none.

Mike

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":ojv4c6sc said:
We got more whiners on here with hurt feelings than a day care center. :lol:

Well Im off to bed, but wasnt whining, just stating a fact.
You cant take it or leave it or do as you want with it but wont change a fact.

Night
Mike

MikeJoel
The $100 was cost for the year not a month.

Grrr. I should be in bed.

aplusmnt said a month. Dont know how much people get for their cows but if you are spending $100+ a month per cow cant see much money being made.

d22111c4.gif

Is right.

Night all. Oh CB tomorrow I plan to post an update called "What makes it stink so bad? II" ;-) :lol:

Mike

MikeJoel":1kmuwcz5 said:
Grrr. I should be in bed.

aplusmnt said a month. Dont know how much people get for their cows but if you are spending $100+ a month per cow cant see much money being made.

d22111c4.gif

Is right.

Night all. Oh CB tomorrow I plan to post an update called "What makes it stink so bad? II" ;-) :lol:

Mike

aplusmnt made a typo it was suppose to say year not month. He does stupid stuff like that at times, being that he can type faster than he can think. It has been edited for accuracy.

MikeJoel":2ed77rd8 said:
$100.00 a month in feed is pretty much what I spend to for our cow. So I dont see a problem there. Well actually it isn't $100.00 yet since we haven't increased the grain yet but it will be.

Sorry but though Ive only been here a little while I haven't seen CB really give any advice that someone else hadnt already given. I have seen about a dozen people who willingly answer questions and RARELY put anyone down.
Mike

My $100.00 per month was a typo as stated above suppose to mean a year. Was yours a typo when you said you pretty much spend $100 per month on your Cow? That is $1,200.00 per year for one cow? Wow!

I agree there is lots of people on here that give good advice and lots have a softer side than Caustic and a couple others that are a little rougher in their comments. But also by that same token some people that give good advice on here do not like conflict so if someone says something wrong or a valuable conflicting point needs to be made they keep quiet! Some people by nature are just do not like conflict so even though they give good advice they might also let something that was said wrong pass and ignore that thread.

That is where Caustic and few other come in play, they will correct the person. Or at least show us how ignorant that comment or person is, so other beginners will not follow that advice or be caught up in the misinformation.

The world needs different types of people to keep going around and around and so does this Message board! Keeps things in check! So toughen up or start buying your tissues in bulk because it will be a teary trip for you on this board.

aplusmnt":1m4gzhxr said:
The world needs different types of people to keep going around and around......

Actually I this world would do fine without us on it :lol:
Or at least that is how most groups like PETA feel.

My $100 a month wasn't a typo. It is a high figure though (but remember I have a dairy cow). Also this is the first month with it so things haven't settled in yet.

Well, Like others said I think the topic is pretty dead.

Mike

CB. Yeah so you got more posts than me ;-)

Latest posts