New low

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest":oaau8tu3 said:
BRYANT":oaau8tu3 said:
cowgirl8":oaau8tu3 said:
That's why we protested... I think it was an error but, whats done is done...water under the bridge as they say. He was a calm calf, maybe when he moved in the arena his hump got bigger, maybe he was hurt and limped and had a hump....but, I think it was an error and was blamed on the quality of the calf....
We are expecting a call from a guy today to buy off our ranch.. Might be time to pull out the scales again...
I see a lot of sales that run a recorder, some a video and some just a sound recorder, it might be worth asking them if they run one. They don't always tell people that it is being recorded, when it is but it sure is good for times like this. Just and idea I had and thought it might be worth looking in to.

What's the point? The gavel fell, and the check's probably been cashed. It's not like they're going to make the buyer pay more money.
the point is she said back several post she thought it may have been an error that he may have brought 1.30 and they put down .30 IF that was what happened then yes they do owe her 1.00 per pound and they would have to pay it.

cowgirl8":2xf78vmz said:
Bestoutwest":2xf78vmz said:
cowgirl8":2xf78vmz said:
Its our living, but obviously the only one in this forum doing it for a living......

Do your fingers move faster than your brain? I can think of several folks on here that do it for a living.
Not many do for a living....
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=110644

Everyone in my valley does it for a living.

Silver":11pjofpr said:
cowgirl8":11pjofpr said:
Bestoutwest":11pjofpr said:
Do your fingers move faster than your brain? I can think of several folks on here that do it for a living.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=110644

Everyone in my valley does it for a living.
Its an old argument...Most of the posters here who post a lot, do not do it for a living..

...and if we don't depend on our cattle to make a living we obviously don't know as much about them as someone that does, even if the ones we do have have been making money for us for 40 years. Yes, it's an old argument.

greybeard":1qrmkz7r said:
And an invalid argument, as is the "ya'll are just jealous" argument.
:lol: You'd think this forum was full of Hillary supporters..... :lol:

cowgirl8":2io52oqe said:
Bestoutwest":2io52oqe said:
cowgirl8":2io52oqe said:
Its our living, but obviously the only one in this forum doing it for a living......

http://www.cattletoday.com/forum/viewto ... 8&t=110644
And obviously you don't either. You claim to but then you tell all about the logging y'all do and the YouTube viedos you try to make go virile to draw income off of.
Think there's some other stuff you've talked about making money off of but I could be thinking of something else by someone else.
And what's the big deal if you only live off cattle? They are the best thing in Ag to do in addition to another job.
Why keep putting a stigma on the ones running what they can and working another job? Doesn't make them any less of cattle people.
If you want to use size then look west and I bet you don't stack up very high to some of the "real" ranchers" that "do it for a living".

jedstivers":2t68h1xl said:
And what's the big deal if you only live off cattle? They are the best thing in Ag to do in addition to another job.
Why keep putting a stigma on the ones running what they can and working another job? Doesn't make them any less of cattle people.
If you want to use size then look west and I bet you don't stack up very high to some of the "real" ranchers" that "do it for a living".
Basically, I don't bring it up unless someone else does. Its an old argument some here cant seem to let go. GOes back to where I mentioned feeding chicken litter during the drought. I was harpooned for admitting that. That's when I brought up that its our business and we did what we needed to do to save it. Most sold out because they had another form of income from outside work. Most here said they'd sell out before doign that...We couldn't do that because it how we make our living. Yes, we have trees but its just part of the what our land produces... Cows are how we make our living. Now, can we move on....I don't care how many cows someone has, I don't care how much land someone has....What I care about is someone telling me how we should run our cows and business. Let it go.....let it go..
:deadhorse:

I can honestly say the only cattle knowledge I've learned from you firsthand is nothing... but I did like your garden in a small area thread, I just couldn't make it work with my bad back. But a lot of what other people have posted on your threads is very useful and seems knowledgeable to me. Keep up the good work.

True Grit Farms":1dj1hmd4 said:
I can honestly say the only cattle knowledge I've learned from you firsthand is nothing... but I did like your garden in a small area thread, I just couldn't make it work with my bad back. But a lot of what other people have posted on your threads is very useful and seems knowledgeable to me. Keep up the good work.
Yesterday we worked on the device we'll tackle that burl with....I've been documenting it and will have a youtube of it....if it works...Fixing to go out and test it.

True Grit Farms":2p8gtlia said:

Vince, I could say that about you but I won't.

:lol:

cowgirl8":11f6bk7k said:
jedstivers":11f6bk7k said:
Basically, I don't bring it up unless someone else does. Its an old argument some here cant seem to let go. GOes back to where I mentioned feeding chicken litter during the drought. I was harpooned for admitting that. That's when I brought up that its our business and we did what we needed to do to save it. Most sold out because they had another form of income from outside work. Most here said they'd sell out before doign that...We couldn't do that because it how we make our living. Yes, we have trees but its just part of the what our land produces... Cows are how we make our living. Now, can we move on....I don't care how many cows someone has, I don't care how much land someone has....What I care about is someone telling me how we should run our cows and business. Let it go.....let it go..
:deadhorse:
You brought it up yourself. You always do.
As far as the chicken litter if you'll remember I took up for you in that one. It's a very common practice in this state. I don't do it but it is dine a lot.

Bright Raven":3mfzqd8m said:
True Grit Farms":3mfzqd8m said:

I can't say the same about Vince, he's put some pretty useful stuff on here.
However I can say the same about you.
Now if I was wanting sexual relations with my cattle then I couldn't say that about you.
You do have that one going for you.

jedstivers":11yds5jx said:
Bright Raven":11yds5jx said:
True Grit Farms":11yds5jx said:

Now if I was wanting sexual relations with my cattle then I couldn't say that about you.

Yes. I can see how he might entertain you.

Bright Raven":14mckccs said:
jedstivers":14mckccs said:
Bright Raven":14mckccs said:

No entertainment. Actual work experience and things that do work.

jedstivers":3nt9l4lu said:
Bright Raven":3nt9l4lu said:
jedstivers":3nt9l4lu said:

Well, I am sure you know.

jedstivers":3vphd6hs said:
Bright Raven":3vphd6hs said:
jedstivers":3vphd6hs said:

Well, I am sure you know.
I've spent a lifetime at it.
Hasn't been many easy days.

I'm proud of you and Grit. You boys are the kind of men that made this country great.

Latest posts