New Limousinbull

Help Support CattleToday:

edde_1

Reaction score
My first Limbull. Im gonna use him on (sim x RA)-heifers to get threewaycrosses. Comments please.

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

BW: 85lb
WW: 650lb
YW: 1258lb

He looks pretty good, he is relatively strong in the normal limousin weaknesses. He should work for you.

Killala":20nc8x6x said:
Posts for legs
I was looking at that too. Because Limo's have a lot of junk in the trunk it's pretty deceptive. I dismissed it in the first pic because of the mud but then the second one still suggests it... Otherwise I think he is nice.

he is 1 goodlooking bull.an he does look post legged.but i dont think that will hurt him.he should throw some nice calves.an work real good for your 3 way cross.

Very nice bull. Looks like a meat wagon. As for all those concerned about breeds turned black, here's one that actually has some original breed character. Gonna make you some good calves.

Looks like you will be taking a discount come sale day on those select cattle

edrsimms":1vfo2j92 said:
Hmmmmmmm.....select, dont think so he is crossing this bull with cattle that have above average marbling, hence he will most likely get a calf to sell that will marble and have good yield grade...........besides in Europe they are not quite so hung up on color. All in all a good looking bull that should preform well .

Depending on the genetics of the females, you COULD have some very consistent progeny - perhaps too large for optimum profit, but wait and see.

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":2xfnx4dz said:
Depending on the genetics of the females, you COULD have some very consistent progeny - perhaps too large for optimum profit, but wait and see.

DOC HARRIS

What do you meen too large? cows or..

houstoncutter":2ly3dj6a said:
edrsimms":2ly3dj6a said:
Hmmmmmmm.....select, dont think so he is crossing this bull with cattle that have above average marbling, hence he will most likely get a calf to sell that will marble and have good yield grade...........besides in Europe they are not quite so hung up on color. All in all a good looking bull that should preform well .

Europe is a different world when it comes to marbling. Marbling brings no premiums and if there is a little bit of fat some where, they discount prices.

P.A.L":28bu1rlm said:
houstoncutter":28bu1rlm said:
edrsimms":28bu1rlm said:

Europe is a different world when it comes to marbling. Marbling brings no premiums and if there is a little bit of fat some where, they discount prices.

So true; and the limo bull seems good to me. Jag önskar lycka till med den!

edrsimms":13mgsf4v said:

it's pretty hard to grade a carcass at weaning in a sale barn.

Latest posts