New limits for the feeder and live cattle markets

Help Support CattleToday:

mncowboy

Reaction score
Unless I misunderstood they're again expanding limits on the feeder and live cattle markets. Live cattle to 4.50 and feeders to $6.00 after limit down again. I've heard some predictions of $1.40- to $1.30 feeder (not live) calf market for the second half of 2016.. :bang:
I would imagine this will slow and or maybe stop the expansion?

Sure hope so. Consumers have adjusted to high ground beef prices here. Local Safeway couldn't keep it stocked in the cooler last week. Even with cheap chicken side by side, meat manager said ground beef was outselling everything. Didn't move a single steak or roast, but throw it in the grinder and you have a line-up for it, lean/extra lean or regular.

Oldtimers keep quitting and the young don't want to stick their hand up a cow's backend, so cows look like a positive note compared to the rest of the economy.

mncowboy":2jwyujsi said:
Unless I misunderstood they're again expanding limits on the feeder and live cattle markets. Live cattle to 4.50 and feeders to $6.00 after limit down again. I've heard some predictions of $1.40- to $1.30 feeder (not live) calf market for the second half of 2016.. :bang:
U didn't misunderstand but your a few months too late. I cant explain it exact but its like after 2 or 3 days of going down 4.50 it can go maybe down 6.50. Someone smarter than me will tell us. But it has been active for a couple months at least.

kenny thomas":16xusd81 said:
mncowboy":16xusd81 said:
U didn't misunderstand but your a few months too late. I cant explain it exact but its like after 2 or 3 days of going down 4.50 it can go maybe down 6.50. Someone smarter than me will tell us. But it has been active for a couple months at least.

There shall be a daily price limit of $0.045 per pound above or below the previous day's settlement price.
In the event that one or both of the first two listed contract months settle at limit, the daily price limits for all contract months shall expand to $0.0675 per pound on the next business day.
If neither of the first two listed futures contract months settle at the expanded limit the next business day, daily price limits for all contract months shall revert back to $0.045 per pound on the following business day.

kenny thomas":3jdhfr0j said:
Someone smarter than me will tell us.
Did I hear you calling Kenny?
Well ya see...we are now in the year of The Monkey (and I was still writing year of the Sheep on my checks)
Feb 8 - Jan 27, 2017
And Feng Shui says global economy will be dropping all year, except for the Fire Monkey's lucky color Red.
So buy puts and...
Buying RED cattle in 2016 will be your ticket to prosperity. :cowboy:

Latest posts