New LGD Pup

Help Support CattleToday:

spinandslide

Reaction score
Meet Halo, a four month old 3/4 Great Pyr and 1/4 Anatolian Shepherd and future helper of Angel, my other LGD.

Halo was born and has lived with dairy goats, her mother, father and brother are all LGD's. I decided it was time to get a pup for Angel to train. She is 8 this year, getting older, Im sure she'll appreciate the help and Halo will evetually take Angel's place.

Halo was alittle standoffish at first, but has warmed up considerably to people since coming here. She worked extra hard trying to win Angel over...Angel seems to have moved past her disgust with me and is tolerating the goofiness..to a point..that Halo has.

She is a BIG pup and I think we get bigger then Angel. Was hard to find a pup for afew months, I was glad when I found her.

spinandslide-albums-other+photos-picture112942-haloangel.jpg

spinandslide-albums-other+photos-picture112827-halo.JPG

spinandslide-albums-other+photos-picture112828-angelhalo.JPG

you have some goodlooking LGDs.an the pup looks like she will be a nice big dog.

Thanks Bigbull..they have a super important job. Never realized how important they are til getting sheep and loosing a lamb this past summer to a bobcat. they give me peace of mind.

I love Halo, what a gorgeous face ! Congratulations , I think you will be very happy with your new family member :D

I have a 3/4 Pyrenees 1/4 Anatolian, Spartan . We adopted him at the age of 2 in Oct. He truly was destined to be here and has fit in beautifully . I now have him trained that when we go for walks on the road as soon as he hears a vehicle or I say "car" ,he goes down in the ditch and lays down until the vehicle goes by . He is super smart, sweet and gentle, but the coyotes quake in their paws when they see him coming or hear him bark, and the cattle love him. Btw he weighs 150lbs and is not fat but all muscle ,so be prepared for Halo to be a big girl. :shock:

Oh yes HD, I am prepared for her becoming BIG!

Angel is a medium sized Pyr female..I weighed her when I first got her, when she was terriably thin, at 80 pounds. Bet she's pushing 100 now..gaining weight nicely..but I do think Halo will be bigger then her.

Her mother was smaller..but her dad was big..and her brother HUGE..I think she will keep the yotes at bay.

my husband bought some sheet metal yesterday and parked the trailer near the sheep pasture (its for their expanded shed we built as my flock grew!) and Halo, I guess mabey not recognizing him yet, was standing at the fence barking at him..good girl. :)