New lease place

Help Support CattleToday:

DCA farm

Reaction score
my dad called me said a friend if his wants to know if I'd be interested in leasing his land…. Just went and looked at it great fence net wire along road 5 strand barb wire along other sides pond got a (barn not In Best shape) a feed storage house I'll be able to comfortably run 15-16 pair on it. He said he's getting tired of mowing it told me $300 a year or a back strap off a calf he will let me long term lease it ( land 10 mins from my house)

That is why I would never rent my place
Asked him what he wanted and told him what I pay on my other places lease land for grazing runs on the average $15 a acre here I've got 2 other places that's what I pay $15/acre and maintain fence he made his price and told me I was gonna be doing him a favor him not having to mow it anymore

sounds like a great deal if you can run 15 pairs on it. do you already have the cattle to put there or will you be buying the pairs?

sounds like a great deal if you can run 15 pairs on it. do you already have the cattle to put there or will you be buying the pairs?
I'm gonna buy 15 and put at the house and send 15 breds over there I just sold the last of my calves 2 weeks ago. I told him I wouldn't put a cow on his place that i wouldn't keep at mine I know every cow on my home place is dog gentle and stay home that's why they are all still there

Sounds like a great opportunity.

Ken
Trying a couple small leases around me that nobody else wants to fool with. 4-5 cows here 4-5 cows there adds up quick the trick is getting them not to far apart this will be my third pay for lease I do have 2 cows at a family members house tho so I gues techniquely I have 4 lease places that particular place doesn't cost a dime

Trying a couple small leases around me that nobody else wants to fool with. 4-5 cows here 4-5 cows there adds up quick the trick is getting them not to far apart this will be my third pay for lease I do have 2 cows at a family members house tho so I gues techniquely I have 4 lease places that particular place doesn't cost a dime
Are you just moving a bull around every 30 days?

Are you just moving a bull around every 30 days?
That was a typo post it was supposed to say im
Trying to pick up a couple small places all my lease places have 10-15 head on them and no on bull roation I bought all the lease place cows bred or they were bred the angus bull at the house before I sent them to lease place

Can you put all your cows on one place at a time treating each place as a pasture to make for a better pasture rotation? Would also make it so you only have one place to check.
I've got 2 head at a family members house 15 on one lease 10 on another lease 20 and a bull at the house now I'll need 15 more to replace the ones I'm going to send to the lease place I rotational graze the land I own I'm actually in process of cross fencing it all even more making 1/2 acre pads to run cows on at 1 time. The 2 lease places are just big open pastures and this new place is just a big open place

Never even thought about that I've never had one try and jump out
Had one t-post in a pen that I ran a gate to-cow and heifer in the pen.I watched that cow lift the heifer and almost impale her on that t-post. Heifer did some ballet and I pulled the t-post immediately

Latest posts