New laptop.

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Mine bit the dust it will know longer let me use the internet, and has a huge hard drive problem which I have replaced before. I am in my dungeon on my PC which I hate and cannot get very good wireless connection..Also I cannot get spell check thus the crappy spelling of moi the last few days.

So under around 1000 dollars what do you like and why..
BTW I really like Vista, I am used to it and love the way it works and the new Vista should be out in a few months..

Thanks all.. :)

Yes I need a lap top, I have wireless and can use it anywhere which I LOVE :heart: ..

For a grand you ought to be able to get whatever you want!
I have a Compaq that was on sale @ Best Buy for about $300, and I love it.
Drawbacks: short battery life, slow start up, neither of which are a hassle for me.
I really like doing business with Best Buy. They always have good deals and the Geek Squad is a nice added bonus.
I agree wireless hispeed is amazing, like finding a magic hole in the internet! :heart:

The battery life and start up are what I really hated with my gateway (which BTW is a peice of shcittzen..(as Bez would say :lol: )

I am thing of a Mac but I think that may be out of my price range and I want one that keeps up with my high speed and does not dally wag behind.

Also one that is printer compatable, some LT are not I know you ca always save on your cruiser and then copy but that is one more step that is a PITA..

I think I should be able to get a decent one from 5-8 price range which is 4-7 in american.. ;-)

My son has a dell color 1500 laptop, really nice and that was about $700 fro everything installed, an office suite Windows Vista, a 3 year security system, a CD and DVD burner, and many other smaller nice features.

Walmart carries Dell computers now, all different models would be a good place to check out, or call Dell directly and they will get you fixed up.

GMN

I am no pro - but be sure to get lots of RAM - more the better for every system I have ever owned.

Heck - spend the money and go MAC and then tell us how much you love it - seems everyone I know that has one says that - it will last you and you can be part of a loud and proud minority.

Oh, it is schitzen - not shcittzen :D

Regards

Bez+

i love my hp compaq. Have had it for about 4 years and still going well. I would like to try a mac however some programs like Ag expert does not work on a mac. Good luck
oh yeah, I paid about 600

The lightning strike that fried my router must have also gotten the network card in an old Dell desktop that I use to keep an eye on the stock market. I replace the router and replaced the network card but I still couldn't get it to link to the internet. I had gotten a flier from HP an they have what I would consider some pretty good sale prices right now. I think it ends in a day or two so you might have to hurry your decision. They have several "free upgrades" they are offering. This is one of the setups I was just about to buy before I finally got the old system operational again.

Operating system Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor P7450 (2.13GHz, 3 MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
Memory FREE Upgrade to 4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm) from 3GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Hard drive FREE Upgrade to 320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
Graphics card 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Display FREE Upgrade to 16.0" diagonal High Definition HP Ultra BrightView Infinity Display (1920x1080p)
Primary optical drive LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
Personalization Webcam + Fingerprint Reader with HP Imprint Finish (Fluid)
Networking Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card
TV & entertainment experience No TV Tuner w/remote control
Keyboard HP Color Matching Keyboard
Primary battery 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
OS and recovery media System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)
Productivity software No Productivity Software
Security software Norton Internet Security(TM) 2009 - 15 Month Subscription

Your running total

Price $1,316.99*
Instant rebate -$250.00
Mail-in rebate -$0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total: $1,066.99
You saved 19.0%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM: 530.48
as low as $32 /mo+
Apply now. Get up to 90 days no payments.
Estimated build date: October 7, 2009

Pretty much the same setup I bought in a desktop 2 years ago for about $2150. I'm still real happy with the desktop. Dell also have some pretty good pricing right now also.

The last laptop we bought for work was a Dell and we are happy with it. When you buy one at the store, they normally have Microsoft Works on them instead of the Office package with Word and Excel so you still have to buy and install all that. And with Dell you can spec it out just exactly how you want it. Catch them having a sale and they can get just as cheap as specials in the store. My suggestion, max it out on memory.

My wife just bought a new Laptop. It is an ASUS. They are making a majority of the motherboards in most computers these days. According to my Bro the major Geek it is a very good buy for the money which if I remember correctly was around $800

Thanks everyone. ASUS, I will have to remember that, I haven't heard of that one.
I looked at mac prices and it aint gonna happen .I will get a new vehicle before I spend that kind of moola on a lap top..

I have a HP Pavilliont dv2000 and love it. And I know a lot of other people with it and they all like theirs too.

I have a crappy high dollar HP, I could have bought 3-4 laptops for what I have put into this one. The computer guy I deal with swears by Dells, that will be my next one, he told me to buy one for my next laptop, he knows I drop mine and rip the cord out of it daily, man am I ruff on it!

I believe its "Acer" computers. Walmart carries them, but think you might have a better selection at Office Depot. Ok computer for the money.

brenda":3rtf2jts said:
I believe its "Acer" computers. Walmart carries them, but think you might have a better selection at Office Depot. Ok computer for the money.

Sorry Brenda but you're mistaken. It is ASUS I watched her buy it at best buy. Nothing Walmart sells for electronics is to be taken seriously.

My Brother built over 50 custom systems last year using ASUS motherboards. I am NOT wrong.

I just bought an ACER from Best Buy, reasonable price $325, surely not a hotrod system but with respectable specs and features. I only intend to use it for surfing and email on the road so I didn't need alot.

ASUS and ACER are two different computers. If you have the money and want a real good computer the SONY VAIO is one of the best, fast and good looking. Next to them is the DELL range, my son had a Dell for about 4 years and loved it, but it hitting the deck at about 80mph didn't do it much good.(Tears all round when that happened) Dell so I am told by the rep is best ordered direct then they custom make the soft wear for your needs. Good luck in the hunt. I have an HP but not again as it is so slooooooooooooow compared to the SONY my son now has.

hillsdown":2r1kih1x said:
Mine bit the dust it will know longer let me use the internet, and has a huge hard drive problem which I have replaced before. I am in my dungeon on my PC which I hate and cannot get very good wireless connection..Also I cannot get spell check thus the crappy spelling of moi the last few days.

So under around 1000 dollars what do you like and why..
BTW I really like Vista, I am used to it and love the way it works and the new Vista should be out in a few months..

Thanks all.. :)

Yes I need a lap top, I have wireless and can use it anywhere which I LOVE :heart: ..

I built you a bad arse hp under 1000

Color: Espresso Black

Your dv6z series

Color Espresso Black edit

Operating system Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit) edit

Processor AMD Athlon(TM) X2 Dual-Core Processor for Notebook PCs QL-65 (2.1GHz, 1MB L2 Cache) edit

Memory 4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm) edit

Hard drive FREE Upgrade to 320GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection edit

Graphics card 50% OFF!! 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 4530 edit

Display 16.0" diagonal High Definition HP Brightview Display (1366x768) edit

Primary optical drive LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support edit

Personalization Webcam Only edit

Networking Wireless-N Card with Bluetooth edit

Keyboard HP Color Matching Keyboard edit

Primary battery 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery edit

Modem Port No Modem edit

OS and recovery media System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit) edit

Productivity software Microsoft(R) Works 9.0 edit

DVD/CD burner, movie software $20 OFF!! Roxio Creator 2009 edit

Your running total

Price $1,051.99*
Instant rebate -$150.00
Mail-in rebate -$0.00

Total: $901.99
You saved 14.3%

What's in your PC Save
Components
• Espresso Black
• Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
• AMD Athlon(TM) X2 Dual-Core Processor for Notebook PCs QL-65 (2.1GHz, 1MB L2 Cache)
• 4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• FREE Upgrade to 320GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• 50% OFF!! 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 4530
• 16.0" diagonal High Definition HP Brightview Display (1366x768)
• LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
• Webcam Only
• Wireless-N Card with Bluetooth
• HP Color Matching Keyboard
• 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
• No Modem
• System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)
• Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
• $20 OFF!! Roxio Creator 2009

E

Latest posts