new kuhn rake

Help Support CattleToday:

denvermartinfarms

Reaction score
Does anybody have any expierence with a 10 wheel kuhn speed rake been looking at them for a couple years and they look pretty good to me but i don't know anyone that uses one so just wanting to here anything you might know about one.right now i have a 10 wheel tonutti same as vermeer and frontier and it has been junk and it only raises both sides at once somthing i could change but i really don't think it is worth messing with on this rake.

I bought one back in march and I love it. The only problem I have had is its wider than our old 8 wheel H&S and has been in the fence twice already.

Thanks for the replies i didn't think anyone would have anything bad to say about one but i thought i would ask.

This is my first year to use a Kuhn Speed Rake. No problems other than it rakes up everything on the ground. My old side delivery rake would leave all of the thatch that was laying there from me mowing the winter grass off each spring. The Kuhn picks up this thatch as well as all of the cow pies. LOL
It's a good rake. I can drive as fast as I want or should I say as fast as I can go and still stay in the seat.

johndeerefarmer":15gsmcck said:
This is my first year to use a Kuhn Speed Rake. No problems other than it rakes up everything on the ground. My old side delivery rake would leave all of the thatch that was laying there from me mowing the winter grass off each spring. The Kuhn picks up this thatch as well as all of the cow pies. LOL
It's a good rake. I can drive as fast as I want or should I say as fast as I can go and still stay in the seat.
The removing of the thatch is one of the things I like the least about wheel rakes. I like to have that thatch stay there and protect the gound and also to break down to add organic matter.

Latest posts