New jr herd sire

Help Support CattleToday:

Chris H

Reaction score
I do some AI'ing, then we turn out bulls. (We want some AI for new blood, but we want to get them bred ASAP, so that's what works for us right now.) We are getting rid of the older (herdsire or hamburger? post) sire, just didn't realize we'd do it this soon. We were picking up some semen at another Hereford farm and saw a bull in the lot. He was sold, but we like his ET brother a bit better and bought him. His sire is Embracer 8E, the sire of Online but also the sire of some pretty good females. His mother made dam of distinction with her 3rd calf. I couldn't get a really good picture because he was busy checking out his new pasture, but here are a couple.
DCP_1275.JPG

DCP_1266.JPG

Chris, nice looking calf. Should work well on first calf heifers, if his BW is low. Thought you may want to know that we are offering flushes out of Keysha this Fall starting, if you all would still be interested. Take care and we will be having two ads in the Hereford World in July. One being a picture of Red Oak and the other of Keysha. :cboy:

HillCreek, this bull is about average BW. Our heifers should be OK with him.

If I didn't get this cow caught AI a couple weeks ago I think we'll try flushing her to put in fall calving cows:
DCP_1282.JPG

She's the granddam of the other young bull I posted. Her calf is in the foreground. At 6 weeks this calf weighed 211. He's already halter broke at 2.5 months and he'll show up at a few drive in shows this summer. I think you commented before that you never saw a Heavy Hitter that milked, well you just have. We lost her second calf at less than a week old. We tried to milk her and she kicked something awful. She ended up losing a quarter from so much milk then injuring it. She still is a milking machine with only 3 quarters.