New Idea 4854

Help Support CattleToday:

ncboy34

Reaction score
Recently bought a New Idea 4854 round baler. It has an electric tie box/monitor to go with it. Anyone had any experience using this kind of baler? I'm particularly wondering about the box and mainly how to know when the bale is full. I baled a very small field the other week just to test it out and the baler did great I was just guessing as to when the bale was full. The box beeps when the bale ejects and when the twine starts feeding and wasn't sure if it did the same when the bale was full (I was afraid of overfilling it). I have a manual ordered it just wont be here for a few weeks.

I've had two balers with bale monitors and both gave an alarm when the chamber was full and when the tying cycle was through. It'd be pretty useless if it didn't work that way.

Not sure on that baler but i would think there would be a bale size indicator on the outside of the baler. Mine has a arrow looking things that moves up i think it is as the bale grows. My montior has an alarm so i just go by that but i would think you should have a visual indicator on the baler.

Latest posts