New horned hereford bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks sooknortex and Alan. Glad you two enjoyed seeing them.

TB-Herefords":e2qidhf8 said:
Ned do you offer semen on that L1 496 bull? Do you happen to know what his scan data was?

I'm not sure what his scan data was. I do have a very limited supply of semen on 496 but because it's so limited I ask a lot more for it.

One more bull and I promise I'll quit. :) This bull was a two year old in these pictures.

http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i ... F23&9=5F5B

IMG_0892.jpg

CopyofIMG_0875.jpg

And the main reason I bought him, his dam.

RHDOMINO6050.jpg

RHDOMINO6050002.jpg

Ned that's one heckova a cow. Have you considered flushing her? Real good bulls also.

BTW you gotta get some feed in those cows they are just plain wastin away.

3waycross":1c9k1kp9 said:
Ned that's one heckova a cow. Have you considered flushing her?

I'd definitely consider flushing her if she was mine. She's the dam of my 6050 bull but I don't own her. I wish I did.

Horseless":h28bht6b said:
Can anybody give the name of a Hereford bull that comes from a solid line of cows with good udders and teats, that has good pigmentation of the eyes and scrotum all in the same package with a frame score? I would like it to be under a 6 frame if possible.

The Richard Day cattle have the teats and udders, body mass, 5 frame score, and live 17 years pretty regularly. They are not that heavily pigmented, but have been culled hard for years against eye problems. They are primarily line-bred Hazlett/Turner Ranch.

Ned Jr. was one of the breeders I meant when I said there are some breeders on this board that have some fine Line Ones.

greenwillowhereford II":1uqnl46o said:
Horseless":1uqnl46o said:
Can anybody give the name of a Hereford bull that comes from a solid line of cows with good udders and teats, that has good pigmentation of the eyes and scrotum all in the same package with a frame score? I would like it to be under a 6 frame if possible.

The Richard Day cattle have the teats and udders, body mass, 5 frame score, and live 17 years pretty regularly. They are not that heavily pigmented, but have been culled hard for years against eye problems. They are primarily line-bred Hazlett/Turner Ranch.

Ned Jr. was one of the breeders I meant when I said there are some breeders on this board that have some fine Line Ones.

I'll second that. Need to go see them in person soon.

Northern Rancher":2jag1a3m said:
I'm biased but F-R 552 Lad 20P is as good a calving ease-cow maker Hereford bull as any-the steers aren't half bad either. Any Genex rep in North America can get him for you in a matter of days. Just lined up another 100 heifers to breed to him yesterday.

Yup, I'll vouch for 20P being a real nice bull. Might check out Colman Herefords as well. Pretty decent bulls in their line-up.

Watertondifter":3lils7z1 said:
How importand is hair to all of you??
It's important for different reasons depending on your location. In the northern climes, they need to grow a good long thick haircoat, and it's not as important that they slick off so much as it is in the south in the summer. In the south, they need to be able to quickly transition into a smooth, summer coat. Here in Oklahoma, they need to do both fairly well, as we occasionally see zero or a bit below, and we also pretty regularly exceed 100 in August. IMO, Victors are hard to beat when it comes to a slick summer coat.

Latest posts