New horned hereford bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Watertondifter

Reaction score
I am looking for a straight horned Hereford bull to A.I. to this spring. Can you give me some names? :cowboy:

I've never used him but I would be willing to give OXH Mark Domino 0125 a try. Another one that I am starting to like is K 64H Ribstone Lad 157K. There's not many calves out of him, but I think his use will increase. Colyers just sold some nice CJH Harland 408 sons, you might want to look at him as well. Do you have any pictures of your cows?

I luv herfrds":24md1081 said:
There's a lot of good bulls out there to choose from.
Check out http://www.churchillcattle.com
Check out Churchill Yankee ET.

Its been 15 years since I have owned a hereford bull. I am not familiar with the pedigrees, I am looking but can't find what I want either.
Maybe its too perfect of an animal that I am looking for, but I would like to see more info on the animals. I want good teats, udders, pigmentation on scrotum and eyes and moderation in size. (at least give the frame score). The info on yankee gives no information to what I am looking for. He doesn't look like he has the pigmentation.

I'm biased but F-R 552 Lad 20P is as good a calving ease-cow maker Hereford bull as any-the steers aren't half bad either. Any Genex rep in North America can get him for you in a matter of days. Just lined up another 100 heifers to breed to him yesterday.

Horseless":2w5zkb9n said:
I luv herfrds":2w5zkb9n said:
There's a lot of good bulls out there to choose from.
Check out http://www.churchillcattle.com
Check out Churchill Yankee ET.

Its been 15 years since I have owned a hereford bull. I am not familiar with the pedigrees, I am looking but can't find what I want either.
Maybe its too perfect of an animal that I am looking for, but I would like to see more info on the animals. I want good teats, udders, pigmentation on scrotum and eyes and moderation in size. (at least give the frame score). The info on yankee gives no information to what I am looking for. He doesn't look like he has the pigmentation.

I agree that nothing on the Churchill site really excites me either although Ram is much closer to my ideal than any of the other herdsires.

Northern Rancher":2nr9cxoe said:
I'm biased but F-R 552 Lad 20P is as good a calving ease-cow maker Hereford bull as any-the steers aren't half bad either. Any Genex rep in North America can get him for you in a matter of days. Just lined up another 100 heifers to breed to him yesterday.
I used him a little last year, with your recommendations. I haven't started calving yet. Did I read that bull died?

Yes he got hit by lightning but we have a good semen bank on him-he got sampled in a few herds stateside-oregon,montana and minnesota that I know personally of.

Northern Rancher":1b5v8h7i said:
Yes he got hit by lightning but we have a good semen bank on him-he got sampled in a few herds stateside-oregon,montana and minnesota that I know personally of.
got any sons from him with potentail... i really liked that bull.

Does the fat on 408 bother anyone else. I'm not to impressed with carcass bulls that have a high fat. Don't know if it really matters though.

I've mixed feelings on the fat issue, because I'm afraid we lose some easy-keeping ability when it gets into the negative range.

The Harland bull is impressive. What about Monument?

I personally highly regard Mark Domino 8020, and the Day 943 bull among others. There are some folks on these boards that have some fine looking Line One bulls.

Horseless the only reason I brought up Churchill Yankee is his offspring being sold at the Mill Creek sale were going pretty well. 5 bulls sold for an average $2,790. 4 spring yearling heifers averaged $1420.

Other bull breeders to look at are Marvin Feddes, Byron Bayers, Jim Storey, Beery's Land and Livestock, Ace Diemert, and Don Weaver.
Our herd was started back in the 40's using Beery's, owned a cow I bought from Feddes, a couple of bulls we got from Bayers, owned a couple of cows from Diemert and like some of the bulls from Storey's.

ala cattleman some very good sons will sell on March 16 in central Alberta-phone Murray at 403 325-0112 if you want more info. I walked through the bulls last week out there there is a Lad son out of a 15 year old 9012 daughter that will calve great and make some daughters. There is an A'I stud close by that puts up exportable semen so you could go that route. Were buying up all the 20P baldie daughters we can find but they are rare commodities most people won't sell them.

Can anybody give the name of a Hereford bull that comes from a solid line of cows with good udders and teats, that has good pigmentation of the eyes and scrotum all in the same package with a frame score? I would like it to be under a 6 frame if possible.

Northern Rancher":32nnsg33 said:
You'll be having calves from him soon!!!!

I just wasn't sure on the pigmentation of the eyes. I have had such problems of cancer eyes in the past, is why I am so concerned.
I am anxious to see the calves, I am also concerned on my A.I.ing abilities on heifers.

Northern Rancher":11um170w said:
ala cattleman some very good sons will sell on March 16 in central Alberta-phone Murray at 403 325-0112 if you want more info. I walked through the bulls last week out there there is a Lad son out of a 15 year old 9012 daughter that will calve great and make some daughters. There is an A'I stud close by that puts up exportable semen so you could go that route. Were buying up all the 20P baldie daughters we can find but they are rare commodities most people won't sell them.
i ran across him looking through genex the other day.. when i get my herd demogrelised and consistant in my transformation too brangus, like too use one like him for our superbaldy

Latest posts