New horned hereford bull

Help Support CattleToday:

I also like some of the Deewall bulls I've seen, and I know a breeder who seems to be having good luck with one. The frame score should be right, and I know nothing negative on udders. I'd have to get back to you on pigmentation.

Interesting conversation you all are having here...it has been a long time since I posted...glad to hear some of you folks are still using Herefords. :D

I have used the Harland bull for the last two years....our first sons of his will sell next week at the Calgary Bull Sale (coming two's).....We are really impressed with his calving ease and I'll let you know in a month what his daughters will be like....right now they are super feminine females....most of which are bred to Churchill Domino 211. Don't be dissappointed if you use this bull and the calves don't look like herd sires when they arrive.....give em two weeks and you won't believe they are the same calves.....That was mainly why we started using him....low birth, calving ease, lot's of performance.

We also have some 2008 calves out of Yankee and a bull from Colyers C 4006 Domino 6029 .......the Yankee Calves are PACKED full of muscle.....the calves out of the Colyer Bull are really complete...correct, lot's of muscle and good front ends. I would use Yankee and Harland again forsure....

If you want to see some of their offspring check out my website if you want http://www.jenkinsranche.com ...I should have more pic's of the 08 calves this month....last one's were in NOV....

Maybe you all could give me your opinion of what I should use next ??????

Horseless":10fykxbn said:
Can anybody give the name of a Hereford bull that comes from a solid line of cows with good udders and teats, that has good pigmentation of the eyes and scrotum all in the same package with a frame score? I would like it to be under a 6 frame if possible.

Here's a bull you might consider. He may be a little more frame than your after.

http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i ... E&9=5F505A

A picture of 175.

IMG_0857.jpg

Ned....those are some great lookin' herdsire's you posted. And I just love that heifer....thinking she's look good at my place :D Too bad your as far away from me as you are.... I'd like to see your cowherd. I wonder if any of those sire's you listed would have semen for export to Canada ??....lot's of guy's aren't bothering to collect for export here anymore....makes it hard to find good bulls to use.

Any of Neds should work for you other than frame. The Day bull would work very well. I would consider Neon if I were you also. Northern ranchers 552 son would work also. Hard to beat the 552 daughters and frame should be moderate. JHH

Northern Rancher":l2ludpry said:
ala cattleman some very good sons will sell on March 16 in central Alberta-phone Murray at 403 325-0112 if you want more info. I walked through the bulls last week out there there is a Lad son out of a 15 year old 9012 daughter that will calve great and make some daughters.

Just inserting a word of caution here! No doubt there are 9012Y daughters that are GREAT cows, but be sure that anything you buy from one has been tested for IE and is IE free. 9012Y has been officially listed on the AHA web-site as an IE carrier.

http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-b...56&5=2B3C2B3C3A&6=5B5C235B5922202F2E&9=525059

George

jenran":2vdlg6o3 said:
Ned....those are some great lookin' herdsire's you posted. And I just love that heifer....thinking she's look good at my place :D Too bad your as far away from me as you are.... I'd like to see your cowherd. I wonder if any of those sire's you listed would have semen for export to Canada ??....lot's of guy's aren't bothering to collect for export here anymore....makes it hard to find good bulls to use.

Thanks jenran,

I don't believe there is any export semen available on any of those bulls I posted. There is export semen available on this bull.

http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i ... 2&9=5F535B

IMG_0493.jpg

Ned do you offer semen on that L1 496 bull? Do you happen to know what his scan data was? Gooood lokin bulls. A lot fatter than mine; but your summer grass is a lot greener than mine too.

Jenran what's the frame like on those 408 offspring? You dont happen to have an average on scan data out of the 408 bull; do you?