New Holland Tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

all i can tell you is i priced 1.an it was the TT75A 4wd drive for $18,600.an the price seems fair to me.but i didnt jack their jaw anymore.id like to get a new tractor in the future.an that is the 1 im leaning towards.

I don't know the difference between the TT series and the TN series so I googled it and still can't tell a difference. Anyhow, I bought a used TN65 and I like it a lot for doing cattle and small jobs. Its always my first choice to get on if it can do the job. It handles well, good on fuel, peppy hydraulics and overall just a good tractor. The only thing I don't like is the electronics (gauges). As with all New Hollands, the electronics suck and will go out on you. Of course, I know if I'm moving and the tack says otherwise then I can safely assume the tack is broke just like it is on my other 5 New Hollands. (sorry for the rant but this is a pet peeve of mine and New Holland is well aware of my feelings on this subject :nod: :oops: ) But I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

have switched from JD to NH 2yrs ago if a small frame tractor will work 4 you it is agood tractor NH,JD, and all other brands are advertising 75 and 80 horsepower tractors in this frame category and the are fine but if you are planning on working this machine alot go with the larger framed series of tractor

The dealer told me the TT series is the stripped down "value Tractor". The TN series is supposed to be the "Cadillac"(more electronics, etc).

One thing I would suggest doing is looking at where it was made. I think New Holland is made in three countries maybe four. All are good except for Mexico. I have one that was made there and have had a lot of trouble with it. I talked to my NH mechanic friend and he pointed to the made in mexico sticker and said this was the problem. My paint flaked off. Inside of my fuel tank rusted out. Electronics - well that's with all of them. They made it all right but I was unable to use it while they fixed what should never have broken. Let me ask a question. How in god's name can the inside of a diesel tank rust out? But the mexicans found a way to do it.

Jo - Does your TN65 have a loader, 4wd, cab? I wouldn't mind to have a TN65-TN75 to rake/ted with, save some wear on the big tractors. Would probably get a 4wd with a loader so it can be used to load rolls and stack them, too. With that and the possibility of a cab, do you think the 65 would have enough rear end?

I don't know the numbers or what their options are but my TN65 is just two wheel drive, no cab but does have a loader. It also has a thumb switch for working the lift. In hay season, I have a spear on both ends and it worked fine. Haylage (1500lb/rolls) were a little rough on it but it did the job. My friend has a TN75 with 4wd. Its nice too. No cab but a beefier front end.

What I like about them is like you say, saving the bigger stuff for the bigger jobs. With the cost of fuel and stuff it just doesn't make sense to move a roll of hay with a 100+ hp tractor. I don't know what type fuel useage I get with the 65 but I can safely say its not expensive to operate. I also like it cause its peppy and can turn on a dime and is just the trick for pulling a rake or a tedder. In theory, it could pull my baler but I think this would shorten the life of the tractor. Its a good tractor and is suitable for 80% of what I use a tractor for around the cows.

Yup,that new Holland is good stuff,I traded every piece of John Deere equipment I had years ago for New Holland,been pretty happy with it,a TN series for chores and a TS series for farming hay fields is a pretty hard combination to beat....................good luck

i spent yesterday pricing new holland tractors.these are all 4wd drives open tops.the TD 80 auto trans was $27250 w/o loader.add $5500 for loaders on all tractors.the TT 75 $22500.a TT 75 $22250 TT 60 $21500.i think im going to hunt a used 1 with a loader.because i think i can save some money.

I got the same price on a TT75. They had an old Ford 5000 for $4850. I am thinking of buying that. That's more my price range right now!

the salesmen told me to go to the tractor auctions an try to get what i want there for $20.000 to $25000 with a loader.or get a used 1 from a dealer.

:D I bought a TN70A, 4WD, open station, with FEL a little over a year ago. I now have 520 hours with no complaints. It handles my 10 ft. Bush Hog with ease, and is an excellent loader tractor. Last winter it started everyday, the coldest being -4 below zero. I would definetly buy again. The only complaints I have is that the 3cylinder motor is rather loud, and the fuel tank is difficult to see over when backing up to hook up equipment.

A lot of peanut warehouses around here lease new 60-70 horse tractors of various makes for the short harvest season to pull wagons around the yard to the driers, scales, loaders, etc. That's all they're used for. PTO's never used. After the season the dealers take them back and you can get one for 5 or 6 thousand dollars off sticker price. Probably the same thing goes on in Texas. That's a good deal. Bigbull, ask your dealer when the creampuff leases are coming in.

ga. prime":2dwpv6ht said:
A lot of peanut warehouses around here lease new 60-70 horse tractors of various makes for the short harvest season to pull wagons around the yard to the driers, scales, loaders, etc. That's all they're used for. PTO's never used. After the season the dealers take them back and you can get one for 5 or 6 thousand dollars off sticker price. Probably the same thing goes on in Texas. That's a good deal. Bigbull, ask your dealer when the creampuff leases are coming in.

That's good advice. You can pick them up from the orange groves too.

right now im slowly checking out the dealers an seeing what they have.i know what i want so im not rushing it.may take 6 months or longer to get what i want but thats ok.

6610 is about 80 hp. All the 10 series are good tractors and easy to work on. Hydraulics are a little slow if you put a loader on it but overall they are reliable. I like them cause they are easy to work on and don't have a bunch of the bells and whistles.

Latest posts