New Holland TN55S

Help Support CattleToday:

tex452

Reaction score
I bought this tractor last weekend.
I was going to buy a different tractor but I ran across this one that was more hp 4wd at a cheaper price, plus it was only 10 miles from my ranch in Coleman county, it's just the side I have been looking for, plus I didn't have to haul it across the state.
It runs good and doesn't smoke a bit and everything seems to be working.
Does anyone have experience with this model.
Year model is 2000

Italian made utility NH tractor. Fairly light tractor and only like 45hp at the pto. 4 different transmission choices ranging from simple and bullet proof to complicated and somewhat reliable. Quiet little 3 cyl fuel sipper engine. The cab models have their share of AC and electrical issues.

Super steer requires a little getting used to. In close quarter work against a trailer or truck, turning one way will first move the bucket or forks a little to the other direction. Also seems a little less stable with a big bale or load on the loader with that long reach and moveable axle. Used in these parts to pull a cruster in a chicken house. For better turning in the corners of the houses as well as low profile.

I have a '05 TC55 in 2 wd. It has been a reliable little tractor. Short and narrow enough that one has to be careful when handling bales. There always seems to be some bull cooking around the place which needs the use of a tractor to be done and it is very handy for that. It will turn around in its own tracks

Latest posts