New Holland TL90

Help Support CattleToday:

stocky

Reaction score
I read the comments on the New Holland tractors and wanted to get anyone's thoughts on a specific tractor. I ran across a NH TL90 that is 4wd, cab with heat and air, 90 horse at the engine, has loader with bucket and hay spear. It is a 2003 year model and it has 377 actual hours, it looks like new. Anyone have any thoughts on this year or model? It is priced at 34,000 dollars. Any thoughts on how that price seems? I am looking at buying a tractor this fall, but don't want to spend the money it takes to buy a new one. I haven't started looking around, yet, and this one came available. Is this price too close to a new one to consider? The John Deere's that are used, but low hours are more in the 50-80 thousand dollar range, that is more than I want to pay. The Internationals that my buddies have are always in the shop with transmission problems and the Kubotas and other discount tractors are too light for as much hay as I move on the hills with twists and turns. Thanks for the input.

stocky":3vborsxl said:
I read the comments on the New Holland tractors and wanted to get anyone's thoughts on a specific tractor. I ran across a NH TL90 that is 4wd, cab with heat and air, 90 horse at the engine, has loader with bucket and hay spear. It is a 2003 year model and it has 377 actual hours, it looks like new. Anyone have any thoughts on this year or model? It is priced at 34,000 dollars. Any thoughts on how that price seems? I am looking at buying a tractor this fall, but don't want to spend the money it takes to buy a new one. I haven't started looking around, yet, and this one came available. Is this price too close to a new one to consider? The John Deere's that are used, but low hours are more in the 50-80 thousand dollar range, that is more than I want to pay. The Internationals that my buddies have are always in the shop with transmission problems and the Kubotas and other discount tractors are too light for as much hay as I move on the hills with twists and turns. Thanks for the input.

I just seen a john deere ad and it had one for 0% for so many months and loader for around 53,000.

Around here our kabota dealer is good and a new 100 hp with loader is around $43,000. I would spend the extra 10,000. and have new IF YOU CAN AFFORD AND JUSTIFY IT.

I just can't justify a new tractor for 25 head and a hobby ranch. I will have to look at the older ford's and internationals. Good luck let us know what you get.

Van, yes, that is the tractor. BigBull, I think you are right for the age of the tractor--2003. I thnk the dealer is counting on the nearly new appearance and the low hours to sell the tractor for a premium. If they can't sell it, they will have to come down. We will see whether it brings the buyers out, or not. The extreme hot, dry weather here and so many people having to sell their cattle may depress the market for machinery, we will see. The dealer came by today and offered pretty good money for my Long tractor in a trade, so this is something to consider, also. Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

heres why i based the price like i did.a few weeks ago i found 2 NH TL90s close to me.an they was both 2007s cabs an 4x4 had about 5000hrs on them more or less.the guy wanted $16000ea for them.they was used to pull batwings mowing the highways.

bigbull338":v3qhzut2 said:
heres why i based the price like i did.a few weeks ago i found 2 NH TL90s close to me.an they was both 2007s cabs an 4x4 had about 5000hrs on them more or less.the guy wanted $16000ea for them.they was used to pull batwings mowing the highways.

Sounds like good deals if they were maintained at all.

yes it sounded like a good deal.but the hour meters didnt really work on 1 or both tractors.as 1 showed 157hrs.an i really didnt know what all could go wrong with them or was wrong with them.

I sent my Dad and a buddy who is a mechanic and knows tractors to look at the tractor today. The dealer wouldn't come down much more because they were getting calls and one guy was there waiting in case we didn't buy it. It was priced considerably below the others I priced and they gave what I thought was a real good deal on the Long I had. So, my Dad went ahead and did the deal and we bought the tractor. It is just like new and really sharp, just like in the pics that Van found the link to. If it isn't what I need, at least I will have a much better trade in value than I would have had with the Long in a couple of years. Thanks, everyone, for you thoughts and help.

$27,500 including a loader would look even better... ;-)

Not something I've given a lot of though to, but something that alwasy seems strange to me is the number of low hour New Holland tractors for sale. Seems like their is always a whole bunch of them. Sort of think it was the same way when they were Ford. Is it my imagination or what?