New Holland TL series tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

JMHayes

Reaction score
Does anyone have a new TL series tarctor? I have a New Holland TL100a. It is a piece of crap. Anyone having problems with theirs?

JMHayes":2rfzllbm said:
Does anyone have a new TL series tarctor? I have a New Holland TL100a. It is a piece of crap. Anyone having problems with theirs?

What problems are you having with it? I don't have a NH but I do have a Ford. It might be just me but when Ford sold its holdings to NH the product went down hill at least for tractors. The implements seem to still be ok. Probably made by a different division.

Where should I start? It's all been simple, but annoying problems. I've had the tractor for one year now. After the first week I noticed hydralic fluid leaking from underneath the transmission, they didn't tighten a bolt. The radio went out after about a month and since then the air conditioner won't cool the cab, both remotes had to be replaced, the engine burns alot of oil, the joystick for the loader broke, the lever that engages the PTO broke in half, and the 4x4 light stays on. It's all been fairly simple things, but who knows what next year will bring. The tractor has 350 hours.

Well, I don't have to worry about radio's and air conditioning on my tractors :lol: Yep, sounds like it is being a pain. You know they used to make a lot things out of forged steel. Now I see it is stamped metal and not so thick stamped metal either. I look at my old Massey's and then look at my new one and wow what a big difference it the way they are made. All my old stuff has forged brake and clutch pedals. The new one's are just flimzy metal welded to flimzy metal. I have noticed all brands are like this now.

flaboy":t6xmbds4 said:
Well, I don't have to worry about radio's and air conditioning on my tractors :lol: Yep, sounds like it is being a pain. You know they used to make a lot things out of forged steel. Now I see it is stamped metal and not so thick stamped metal either. I look at my old Massey's and then look at my new one and wow what a big difference it the way they are made. All my old stuff has forged brake and clutch pedals. The new one's are just flimzy metal welded to flimzy metal. I have noticed all brands are like this now.
I believe these NH models are made in India.Everyone I know with one has had problems.There ought to be a Lemon Law with tractors, like there is with other vehicles.I find it amazing how they have cut so many corners with Tractors these days.Guess that's why the older tractors like a Ford 3000 will bring way more than they cost new.Plus, you have all these brand "X" tractors out there, that IMHO may be here today, and gone tomorrow,

Yeah, I use an old Ford 3500 with loader for all the bale work. Tranny is getting a little sloppy, lift don't want to stay in one position, something is squeaking up front, one wheel brake and it's not too good but, it starts everytime I ask it to and moves those 1500 pond bales around wherever I want. I guess I will just keep using it till it just won't go no more and then fix it. :lol:

Latest posts