new holland td 5050

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
Well good, bad or ugly. Can anyone give me some insight on this size tractor? Looking at a 2012 BUT 2WD.

Priced right from what research I have done. still has warranty and has been serviced and run through the shop.
Thanks

Depends what you're mission is. I have a 2011 model - FWD. Had served every purpose we used it for - moving hay of all round bale sizes, front and back, pulling spike aerator, drilling pastures, 15 foot brushhog, general loading and dumping, and cutting and raking hay. We just met it's limit - pulling a 5X6 NH Baler. On the flat ground, it does OK, but with the least bit of upslope during baling it just doesn't want to pull it. I honestly think it would work good for 4X5 or probably even 5X5 balers, but the 5X6 is too much.

I like the tractor and it's a good all-around machine, but we have to get something bigger for our needs. Will probably keep the TD5050 unless a real good deal works itself out.

Just using to mow pasture and hay. will use with a 4x5 baler also. Just seemed like to good a deal. 700 hrs still has warranty and got it bought for 20,000. don't know but seemed like a good deal to me. beats the hell out of the 5000 that I have.

denvermartinfarms":3ngm2bdr said:
That does sound like a good deal, a 4x4 td5050 is what I would buy if I was going to a NH.

What would a new open station model cost?

fitz

fitz":2qp6cuns said:
denvermartinfarms":2qp6cuns said:
That does sound like a good deal, a 4x4 td5050 is what I would buy if I was going to a NH.

What would a new open station model cost?

fitz
Seemed like around 40k, but i may be off, it's been a little over a year since I was looking and I don't remember,I ended up buying a Kubota instead.

a new T5060 4wd with loader and cab runs around 47,000 priced one just the other day when I was at the dealer getting parts
The dealer loaned me a 5050 last summer when I had one of mine in the shop if I was baling a lot I wouldn't buy the 5050 really worked it pretty hard baling at 5 to 6 mph was all it wanted
I guess I am just used to more power on the baler

I have a 2wd td5050 and I have had several issues with it. First the clutch cable has broken twice and the pto cable once, It only has a 24 gallon fuel tank that can be used in less than a day of hay baling, and the front screen has to big of holes in it allowing trash to get on the a/c condenser making the tractor run hot. It is economical to operate and has plenty of hydraulic capacity to run a loader or bale hay.

These seam to be very good tractors, we have 2 T5070's and a T5060 at work, 4500hrs between them in 11 months, biggest problem a rear axle seal yesterday, a few fuses, and issues with the o ring on the fuel filter.

Well they are supposed to deliver tractor tomorrow. Had a few little things they fixed under warranty for me. Washer fluid tank, throttle lever, had a small ( very small ) oil seep and serviced, full of fuel and ready. I hope anyway

Latest posts