new holland Round Baler

Help Support CattleToday:

The Show Maker

Reaction score
IM fixing to buy a new holland Round Baler i was just going to see if all newholland round baler are good and do yall have many problm out of them.I went to see it to day and it had one belt off but we put it on will that mess the timing up on the baler.. I tought it was a good price is why im asking the price is $1500.00 i didnt think that was bad at all... He is my vet is who im buying it from and i didnt no if maybe yall could tell me if that was good or not it bale 4x5 bales and it hydrolic tye and it looks to be in good shape all i gota do is buy a tire and its ready to bale... If any replys just tell me thanks The show maker...

The Show Maker":3koogppv said:
IM fixing to buy a new holland Round Baler i was just going to see if all newholland round baler are good and do yall have many problm out of them.I went to see it to day and it had one belt off but we put it on will that mess the timing up on the baler.. I tought it was a good price is why im asking the price is $1500.00 i didnt think that was bad at all... He is my vet is who im buying it from and i didnt no if maybe yall could tell me if that was good or not it bale 4x5 bales and it hydrolic tye and it looks to be in good shape all i gota do is buy a tire and its ready to bale... If any replys just tell me thanks The show maker...

Model?
Year?
Number of bales made?

Bez!

ok sounds like that baler has baled alot of hay.one thing you will need a new belt.an it could aslo walk the belts over as it runs.make sure it dont bust the belts.or have any blown bearings.replacing all belts.can cost you as much as the baler cost you.

ok that is a chain baler.with 1 main chain.an 4 floor chains.to fx the chain. you can put links in the chain.or take links out if the chain is to loose.an banging real bad when you have it running.

The Show Maker":3jeym2ov said:
The baler is a 847 newholland baler...

Show Maker

Just a few things

Examine the chain carefuly..grab the chain with your hands spaced about 8 inches apart and see how much slop is in it if you try to move it side to side,Look for broken rollers on it as well.A new chain is quite costly .

Pay real good attention to the main drive sprockets on the main chain. Make sure they are in good shape if they are not they will damage the main chain.The teeth on those sprockets should not come to a sharp point .There should be a somewhat flat spot on top of the teeth ..if it is in good shape.
If in doubt go to a dealer and ask to see a new sprocket and compare.

Also check where the baler hinges when it ejects a bale.Look for hairline cracks and repair if necessary.While you are up there you should check the top chain idle blocks.They need to be in good shape.

Make sure you keep the main chain oiled regularly, if there is no auto oiler..

Next I would check underneath the baler.Check where the floor chains run and see if there is any chains that are wearing a hole into the floor .Or that are running so loose they are cutting into the baler frame.

I would also check the baler axles to make sure they have not been broken .

Then go check out the pickup can you see anything wrong inside of it , where the pickup bars run.

If you buy this baler get an operators manuel..its a big help and will tell you how to safely handle the main chain if you have to work on it or replace it.

good luck..

DD RANCH":3vzu27g3 said:
A friend of mine has an 851 for sale $800 and it is field ready.

Good baler at a good price if it is in working order. Parts are easy to get and pretty easy to work on. I have one. I think it requires at least 60HP or so at the PTO.

The Show Maker":2g3av2rr said:
its not a chaine baler it has 1 or 2 chains and the rest r belts..

This is what I was talking about.
515179-1.jpg

I.M.O That 851 of Dennys is likely a good buy

frenchie":35cv4v9n said:
The Show Maker":35cv4v9n said:

515179-1.jpg

Made many a bale with one of those frenchie - darned good baler for their day and still work great if maintained.

Bez!

Bez!":33acibym said:
frenchie":33acibym said:
The Show Maker":33acibym said:

515179-1.jpg

Made many a bale with one of those frenchie - darned good baler for their day and still work great if maintained.

Bez!

The 851 or 847 Bez :?: ..I like those old balers as well.I,m still runnung an old 855 Auto.

yes this is my same baler but mine is in better condition i mean the color that is but mine almost looks brandnew he has keeed it out of the weather and had it in a shed and took care of the baler so i went a head a bought it i hope it should still be good and can u still buy parts for it...

The Show Maker":3lz1f452 said:
yes this is my same baler but mine is in better condition i mean the color that is but mine almost looks brandnew he has keeed it out of the weather and had it in a shed and took care of the baler so i went a head a bought it i hope it should still be good and can u still buy parts for it...

Parts won't be a problem for this baler. I am not sure which belt you said was off but if it is like my 851, the belts don't do any timing. Just slap a new one on and let her rip. Check your floor chains out well and adjust the tension as necessary. Make sure the roller chain doesn't have too much slop or you will get loose bales. $1500 is not too bad for the condition you stated.

Good luck with it.

A chain baler will lose too many leaves in alfalfa. Unless you do all grass you will be unhappy. They work well in Sorghum Sudan.

Latest posts