New Holland haybine parts, online

Help Support CattleToday:

M.Magis

Reaction score
Looking for parts for a New Holland 488 haybine, specifically some bearings and most likely a gear in the main gear box. The only two sites I know of are Messicks and New Holland. Messicks wanted $240 for the gear set, new Holland wants $1340. That makes me hesitant to even bother calling the "local" dealer. I only need one of the gears, so I was hoping I could find a site where I could get them individually. Maybe that's not possible? Thanks.

I think you can buy the gears individually. But your best bet is to go looking for a complete parts machine, either a 479 or 488. Many can be bought for $1500 or less and you can save a lot of money on parts in the long-term, particularly if you ever have issues with the wobble box, which everyone eventually does.

That's what I would prefer. Unfortunately, I've not come across one yet. I've been watching on Craigslist, I'm hoping one pops up one of these days. Though a lot of people around here sure are proud of their scrap.

M.Magis, I've got a 479 I used for first cutting that cuts real nice, but the conditioner rolls are absolutely shot and a few other little issues. I'll sell it to you for $800 and would even deliver it to Cambridge for $900. The wobble box and pto shaft gearbox both feel tight to me. I'm in Wayne county if you want to check it out just pm me.

Latest posts