New Holland 847 Round Baler

Help Support CattleToday:

The Show Maker

Reaction score
Does any one no why a 847 new holland round baler would be cloging up in the front i mean it baler and picks up and every thing works but when im just going after another wind row then it flicks the junk back to the front of the baler for some reason and i dont no why... Im runing it in low and pto 540 is what it said to run it at so if any awnser please tell me... ITs a good baler i think has any one had any problems out of one and if you have ran one can u tell me if u had any problems out of it thak you so much. Jason

I am not familiar with the 847. Is it a belt baler? If so there should be an adjustment for the pinch roller to belt. Sometimes depending on what you are baling it may need to be closed up a little more. By that I mean decrease the distance between the front rollers. If you have a manual it should tell you how. Just my thoughts.

yes it is a chaine baler and it for some reason will throw the hay back out and ballg up the baler and will break a shear pin... Thanks Jason

My 850 New Holland will do that some time if the hay is too green or the windrow is too thick. Mine has a belt on the left side that runs the apron chain I had to tighten it the other day because it was slipping and letting hay get balled up in the front. Don't know waht else to suggest. Hope you get it figured out because I know how much fun unplugging the pick up is on a 95 degree day. Good luck!
Devin

almost any baler I've run the pick up teeth will kick/throw the material back out the front if it is short. I other words it will pick something that is 20 inchs long better than something that is 8-10 inchs long. This may or may not be part of the problem. Might try slowing your ground speed.

We've run NH chain and now belt balers for 25 years now: Your problems may be in short, fragile stuff that breaks up or sometimes in long slippery forages. Pick a higher gear and idle your tractor down as far as possible until the bale core is formed and you should be able to throttle up and go until the bale is made. Those balers just loved to backfeed and spit things back out until there is enough hay rolled to tighten up the tension and start forming a proper bale!

Could the hay be laying to long and do i need to bale it sooner than 3 days does a round baler bale like a sq bec my sq does good so i had to baler 1000 bales bec of my round baler keept balling up and throwing trash back out at me so i said piss on im just going to sq it so i got 1000 sq off of that feild but got alot more to do any advice.. If so comment me back thats Jason

swath.jpg

Some types of hay seem to be slippery , sometimes grabbing a new window at an angle will help get the core formed as you are grabbing the hay crossways to the stem..

Other times in long hay when you are trying to start a core a fello sometimes needs to pick up a little hay ..then clutch for a few seconds . to allow the forage time to bend to form the core.

You may also need to increase your ground speed

question for you

what kind of hay?

What did you cut it with?

Latest posts