New Holland 472 Haybine

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I am in search of someone to repair the wobble box and bearings on my New Holland 472 Haybine near Concord, NC. The local New Holland dealer we use to work with closed and I do not know of anyone in the area that works on these.

I am in search of someone to repair the wobble box and bearings on my New Holland 472 Haybine near Concord, NC. The local New Holland dealer we use to work with closed and I do not know of anyone in the area that works on these.

Unfortunately, not many people fool with those anymore its considered ancient technology... I sold my wobble boxes online before i scraped my haybines .... I would rather cut hay with a scythe. It will be cheaper probably to buy a used one with a good box on it. There is some good auctions coming up here and typically those haybines go for a few hundred

Like Sky said, you can probably find a used and working haybine cheaper than getting that one fixed. Used wobble boxes I see online are about $1k not including core fee if you send the old one back. Aftermarket are quite a bit more.

Don't know about this particular one but we've rebuilt many IH, Gleaner and a few other models combine boxes through the years. Heck just last week we threw about a dozen old scrapped boxes away. It's not that hard, just make sure you get the shimming correct. We would get the bearings locally and sometimes would take the head to a machine shop to get the hole welded up and rebored.

Will one off a 479 work? Got a parts machine for sale. $100. Central Arkansas. Good wobble and gear boxes

If you need help with box let me know have done several and doing mine right now on 472

Will one off a 479 work? Got a parts machine for sale. $100. Central Arkansas. Good wobble and gear boxes
Double check with New Holland but the housing numbers appear to be the same.
Do you still have the wobble box for sale? My 472 just went out. If you're still selling for 100$ I'll pay shipping to Tennessee. Thanks Mike. My email is [email protected]

I'm just south of Knoxville in Maryville. If you do let me know. Love to speak to you about it. I can drive down or pay shipping. Thanks! Mike

I'm just south of Knoxville in Maryville. If you do let me know. Love to speak to you about it. I can drive down or pay shipping. Thanks! Mike
You are right next to Tyler Brothers. They may have one 4-sale in junk condition or know were one is.

You are right next to Tyler Brothers. They may have one 4-sale in junk condition or know were one is.
Yeah Darrel is a good friend of mine. I went and saw him first. Had some different models but wouldn't interchange with mine.

Latest posts