new hereford herd bull pics

Help Support CattleToday:

herfdog":cnco8emf said:
He is only going to be with 15 and they will have been AI bred by him this weekend. So he will only breed a hand full. He will be in retirment mode. I wish I had more for him but herd building is slow around here. Three steps forward and 10 steps back!

I think I've got you beat, I'll only make one step forward and ten back. :roll:
Good looking bull.

herfdog":1nk8u8pl said:
Kingfisher":1nk8u8pl said:
I'm just curious. How many cows are you expected him to breed and when? I would like to see him after he's been working.......:)
He is only going to be with 15 and they will have been AI bred by him this weekend. So he will only breed a hand full. He will be in retirment mode. I wish I had more for him but herd building is slow around here. Three steps forward and 10 steps back!

Got to admit that sounds funny. Bred AI with semen from your clean up bull. I'm sure there is a reason there but it just struck me as funny.

LRTX1":3ma8m2z1 said:
herfdog":3ma8m2z1 said:
Kingfisher":3ma8m2z1 said:
I'm just curious. How many cows are you expected him to breed and when? I would like to see him after he's been working.......:)

Got to admit that sounds funny. Bred AI with semen from your clean up bull. I'm sure there is a reason there but it just struck me as funny.

Well I never understood it when I would see It in sale catalogs either. For me I want as many calves as I can get out of this bull. I like to synchronize the whole herd so calving is not so spread out most will calve within a week. I was done calving within a month this year. He will definitely
not get used enough from me to get much data on his progeny but semen is for sale on him.
Don't know if there will be any interest in him or not. Next year I am going to try to get him in the National Reference Sire Program in the AHA. Thanks to all that have replied.

Latest posts