New Here! Hows he look!??

Help Support CattleToday:

If that is all you paid for that bull, I think you did VERY GOOD. He is definitely not the worst I have ever seen.... He has a pretty straight back and I see alot with real sway backs.... The solid red calf is pretty nice and the other one looks good too. You are doing FINE......
Some bulls get more and more masculine as they get older.....and some don't . He is not so bad, just not as bullish looking as some.

Those are both very nice looking bulls! But I'd bet they were much more expensive than mine lol but then again I've got $650 in my little bull..
It's more a comparison using Hereford to Hereford...can't really judge one breed on the attributes of another..know what a Hereford should look like or Angus, Charolais, limousine they all have different Characteristics...

Thanks! I do hope to see him "man up" a little more with time but as long as he continues to give me live healthy growth calves and keeps his super laid back disposition he has a home! Should be able to get my money back for him in a few years hopefully!

Thanks! I do hope to see him "man up" a little more with time but as long as he continues to give me live healthy growth calves and keeps his super laid back disposition he has a home! Should be able to get my money back for him in a few years hopefully!
He'd have to be dead for you not to get you money back at that price..hes not that bad ..

You ask an opinion and around here opinions are like azzholes, everybody has one. With him being gentle, calves look good, good thickness in his body, good feet, not roguish etc. there is a lot to like. Thanks for posting his picture as bulls will grow up to 5 years, from my experience, so he has some growing a filling out to do yet.

Should he be as filled out as that at 20 months? I was thinking he would continue to add muscle and mass for another year atleast maybe a bit more!??? Should I be giving him anything extra to enhance muscle growth? All they get now is grass and a 5 gal bucket of cubes every other day!
Your bull will keep growing but only so much. Usually around 3, then 5 you will notice a difference. It takes both genetics and age to get those big, beefy, manly looking bulls.😄

We as cattlemen buy bulls for many reasons and all have preferences. At the end of the day, if a bull helps you accomplish your goals and you like him, he should tickle the heck out of us. I've walked through pens of bulls hundreds of times and looked at bulls and picked what I thought was the perfect bull. Sometimes I was right snd sometimes I was way off. The internet sales of today have been the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. I now pick bulls completely on merit and not on looks. Some of the best bulls I have in my operation are not the bulls I would have picked on looks.
I say all this to say that don't be discouraged by somdbody's comments about his looks. If he meets your needs, then he is a good bull. Good luck and I hope all your calves are born small and wean big.

Looks nice to me. The tail bone is a little higher than the back and that probably will never be a problem, but I have heard that can cause possible calving problems. It could be the way he is standing or the ground is uneven. A picture from behind would be helpful.

I had a horned Hereford bull years ago that I just couldn't get to look like I wanted him to look or should look.
He came from a well known breeder but I just couldn't get him to fill out.
I put him on some cross bred and Brahman cows.
He threw about the best calves I could ask for.
I guess you never know.

Good, Bad, Ugly????? I've only had my cows for about 3 years so still in the building process but just wondering how I did on this bull he's 20 months in this picture.
View attachment 6200
Hey now..love looking at cattle. You never can tell til the first crop hits the ground; if you are not instantly sold on them, sell your bull.
Your photo; take a pic a little lower to the ground and to the rear. He looks like he has stretch and depth of hip.
Man O'War didn't produce crap and he was one of the greatest; vice versa is true so you never know. Nice looking bull: don't be ashamed of him at all.
One question: what part of the USA do you live? Here in Ohio anything black sells for much higher prices. Keep us updated!

This calf was born on April 11th so just shy of 4 months old.

Had a man tell me a big calf like that I could go ahead and pull and put him on feed and grass but I've always left them together until 6 or 7 months old.

Any thoughts????

Attachments

• 20210803_163841.jpg
    20210803_163841.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 17

Latest posts