new herd bull

Help Support CattleToday:

alacattleman

Reaction score
meet beetle, bought him at the herd improver sale in buzzard gulch,. he came from a closed herd.. a product of year's and years, and a few more years of linebreeding

no no no, those georgia boys got it going on. im just a lowly commercial cattleman, hoping this bull will rocket my herd into the future, those longhorn breeder breed for horn.... im shooting for toupee's

alacattleman":1g5c1o5h said:
no no no, those georgia boys got it going on. im just a lowly commercial cattleman, hoping this bull will rocket my herd into the future, those longhorn breeder breed for horn.... im shooting for toupee's

You might just have a visionary approach. Certainly the hide will be a significant part of the market value.

Hey,

That's my Highland heifer calf...not a bull...she's a cute little pasture ornament isn't she? :D

I swear that's her natural hair color too.

lakeportfarms":250t7p69 said:
Hey,

That's my Highland heifer calf...not a bull...she's a cute little pasture ornament isn't she? :D

I swear that's her natural hair color too.
can't be, he's been on test at the buzzard gulch bull station.

I just went out to tell her what people are saying about her, and her mom is very angry :mad: ....(it substituted "be nice" for the other word I was trying to use)

She broke through the fence and started heading South. You better hope for some hot weather to slow her down. :banana:

P1010051.JPG

alacattleman":2cxmm2iz said:

I can see where it just might work....3 wire fences, 4 ft. T-post, half the feed, hay and grazing. Only problem I see is when you drive up to the sale barn in a little Cushman pickup, pulling a 6 foot gooseneck trailer, loaded with 14 steers and tell'em "pen'em off separate" Bubba....them's prime !!!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

lakeportfarms":1v88uxxj said:
I just went out to tell her what people are saying about her, and her mom is very angry :mad: ....(it substituted "be nice" for the other word I was trying to use)

She broke through the fence and started heading South. You better hope for some hot weather to slow her down. :banana:

P1010051.JPG
there's a man in my hometown has a highland bull, he must have sheard him recently because he is slick as a brahman, got too admit good looking bull correct structure and plenty of muscle under all that furr

I don't think that Highlands would fare to well around here in summer. The Belties pack up and head Upnort for the summer around here. I'd love to have some miniature cattle. I think I could handle those alone.

Sale barn would get a good laugh, though. I guess if they can sell goats, they can sell miniatures.

The picture is actually one of our Highland cows, but she does have some intimidating horns on her.
Our high temps are in the 60's this week, but they run for cover when it gets warmer. They lose a lot of the hair during the summer.
I've seen Highland breeders selling hides for $1000+ and heads with horns for $600. At that price the meat is free, but they take a while to grow.
Your toupee' idea is not far from reality.

lakeportfarms":iz22eshh said:
The picture is actually one of our Highland cows, but she does have some intimidating horns on her.
Our high temps are in the 60's this week, but they run for cover when it gets warmer. They lose a lot of the hair during the summer.
I've seen Highland breeders selling hides for $1000+ and heads with horns for $600. At that price the meat is free, but they take a while to grow.
Your toupee' idea is not far from reality.
Highs here have been high 90s and low 100s, with over 80% humidity. They sure wouldn't like that

alacattleman":3iodwxd6 said:
there's a man in my hometown has a highland bull, he must have sheard him recently because he is slick as a brahman, got too admit good looking bull correct structure and plenty of muscle under all that furr

not necessarily sheared him, they slick off themselves when it gets hot. There are some brilliant animals - good structure and heaps of red meat under the hair. I think as a breed they are underestimated by most people.

Lammie":3iodwxd6 said:
I don't think that Highlands would fare to well around here in summer. The Belties pack up and head Upnort for the summer around here. I'd love to have some miniature cattle. I think I could handle those alone.

Sale barn would get a good laugh, though. I guess if they can sell goats, they can sell miniatures.

Actually Lammie they do well enough in the heat, shed their hair no worries. As for the miniatures, Highlands, Belted Galloways and regular Galloways all come in both standard and mini size.

lakeportfarms":1f3hb8fx said:

P1010051.JPG

Now that is a cute animal, kind of reminds me of a buffalo, cute lil cuddly face and fur!

GMN

Latest posts