New Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Cowboy 2.0

Reaction score
This heifer has been in the barn for about a week. She is Reg. Limi born on 5/5/06.

Picture005.jpg

Sorry Bout That.

my eyes! oh my eyes!! 8)
I would name her OliveOil.
better get the Rogaine started on her legs ASAP.

Down in the may calves she won't have much competition locally anyway I guess. How'd she skin her hock? Washrack excitement?

that calf would know where compare to limousins around her no meat on her at all we haev a redangus/limo younger than her with more muscle and bone

Sorry, but I don't like her. :( But I'm not a big limmi fan: no hair on legs, too much leg, I don't like her front end(but it may be the way she is standing), looks sickle hocked, lack of muscle, too high in flank. Pour some feed into her.

She skint her hock in the wash rack. I forgot to say I just got her up less than a week ago. She was on the pasture with no creep.

Well Cowboy, i'm going to have to disagree with most of the previous replies. She is a Limi, an exotic breed. With that said, she has a great front end, and extended, clean neck. For a May heifer, her frame score fits the mold real well. Bone is adequate; about what we should expect from a Limi of this age. Way too early to judge how her leg hair might be, but her body hair is way above average for a Limi show heifer. Considering the heat this Summer, and the lack of any green grass to lie in, I wouldn't be concerned about leg hair just yet. She is really green, and should fill out in a hurry on full feed. That flank will drop with maturity, but is not what we would consider to shallow, again, for a May calf. I say she will stand some pretty stiff competition in the Limi shows.

Not bad at all. Nice clean fronted, long, feminine heifer. As has been mentioned, fairly long in the leg and fine boned, and given she's a limo I would expect her to have more butt. She may grow into the bone and legs, time will tell. I'd like to see a rear and top view before I would make up my mind, but a promising heifer. Good luck with her.

Oh, and I forgot to add, why would you dismiss her because she hasn't got hair on the leg? (I can't remember who it was that posted that). As I said on the other post, hair or no hair shouldn't be an issue for a good judge. I don't know why this is even an issue.

HEY, BE NICE! :mad: And I like Limi cattle thank you very much! We have a few here and they wean our largest calves, and I don't mean 300lb calves, try eight, no feed! Personally, I don't think this heifer will make it in the show ring but, you never know, get her on some feed and she might surprise you.

JstHerfIt":107si1gv said:
HEY, BE NICE! :mad: And I like Limi cattle thank you very much! We have a few here and they wean our largest calves, and I don't mean 300lb calves, try eight, no feed! Personally, I don't think this heifer will make it in the show ring but, you never know, get her on some feed and she might surprise you.
Just statin opinions,
I personally have nothin against limis, I'm just not real drawn to this heifer.

Latest posts