New heifer!

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice heifer. What did you pay for her if you dont mind me asking?

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3vxvsw1z said:
Very nice heifer. Does she have a lump at the point of her shoulder? A little on the fat side, but that's where she needed to be for a sale. Do you have her home?
Jean, I don't have her home just yet. And to be honest, I hadn't noticed the jump until you mentioned it, so I sure hope it's not an issue!

southernultrablack":4b7yfjsf said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":4b7yfjsf said:
Very nice heifer. Does she have a lump at the point of her shoulder? A little on the fat side, but that's where she needed to be for a sale. Do you have her home?
Jean, I don't have her home just yet. And to be honest, I hadn't noticed the jump until you mentioned it, so I sure hope it's not an issue!

I saw it at the beginning of the Video. Left side of neck. Nothing to worry about. Might be a subcutaneous shot reaction - probably Clostridial. It is a little misplaced. They produce the biggest lumps.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1zxxcs9a said:
Point of the shoulder is a strange spot for a shot.

It is not where it should be! I agree. But I know people who give them right behind the front leg. It might be a benign soft tissue tumor. Adipose is one that is very common in mammals.

I agree weird placement, but I just figured calf pushed all the way forward in the chute and whoever was giving them just gave it to her in a convenient spot for the person..

Son of Butch":zteswh3c said:
jscunn":zteswh3c said:
I agree weird placement, but I just figured calf pushed all the way forward in the chute and whoever was giving them just gave it to her in a convenient spot for the person..
It wouldn't be the first time that's happened.
i know a certain somebody who does,if he's working one by himself...

I didn't point it out to worry you. Just observed something there. Long way from appearing to be a problem, and she appears to be in more than adequate condition. It may not even be there by the time you see her. I would imagine the video was taken at least a week before the sale.

Latest posts