New Heifer Purchase

Help Support CattleToday:

edb130

Reaction score
This is a new heifer I picked up at the sale yesterday. My daughter is wanting to show her this year. What do you think? I apologize I'm not the best photographer and I just snapped these spur of the moment. We didn't put a halter on her and try to set her up properly.
DSC00979.jpg

DSC00980.jpg

DSC00981.jpg

Nice heifer.

Sure looks like a Red Poll to me but I'm sure you are going to say she is a Red Angus.

Maybe it's a South Poll. :D Good looking heifer whatever it is.

Sure doesn't look limi to me,but she looks like a good heifer no matter what she is.

Thats a really nice looking heifer edb130. It appears that she would make a great brood cow after showing just from looking at her. Could I ask what sale you picked her up in?

Circle H Ranch

EAT BEEF":2pc6oiet said:
Sure doesn't look limi to me,but she looks like a good heifer no matter what she is.

the head and hip are a dead giveaway for a limi, nice heifer though, looks correct and feminine though a tad over conditioned for my tastes at that age but fat shows! :)

robert":3b2t31p4 said:
EAT BEEF":3b2t31p4 said:

the head and hip are a dead giveaway for a limi, nice heifer though, looks correct and feminine though a tad over conditioned for my tastes at that age but fat shows! :)

Yea I guess you can see it in her face in the second pic.

Good heifer, not very breed characteristic of the fullblood limousin, but I don't think she is a fullblood.

Red Bull Breeder":1m1r6dl5 said:
Years of breeders picking cattle that looked like angus has done away with alot of the Limi looks.
what a waste of time.. if im looking for cadillacs, i aint going too lincoln dealer too find towncars that looks like a cadi. i thought they wanted limm phenotype with the black
hide.

Some people are using Red Angus and producing red LimFlex cattle. She kinda favors a Red Angus X Limousin cross to me although I have seen Limousin cattle bred back to purebred status that looked somewhat like her also.

Circle HRanch

Cattleman 200. I purchased her at the Pinegar Sale. She is an Auto American Idol daughter. Thanks for the comments everybody.

Cattleman200":i8erzk9y said:
Some people are using Red Angus and producing red LimFlex cattle. She kinda favors a Red Angus X Limousin cross to me although I have seen Limousin cattle bred back to purebred status that looked somewhat like her also.

Circle HRanch

She does look more like a Red Angus or Red Poll than a Limi. Is she supposed to be purebred / fullblood limi?

Latest posts