New heifer - pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Here I go again sticking my chin out, but I like to see cattle from other prespectives. So feel free to respond, yes she's from a show and sale, she is standing slightly down hill and it's real tough to get her to stand correct while tied to a tree and me taking pics. So lets have those "she's post legged comments" :D

Thanks for your thoughts,
Alan

Red Obsidian daughter (he's a M326 son)
Full throttle on the bottom (8E son)
BD 1/13/08
BW 4.5
WW 53
YW 90
MM 14
M&G 41
REA +.47
MARB +.15

Here's link to Red Obisidian
http://weimercattleco.com/Sires.html

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

Northern Rancher":2fepts15 said:
Just turn her loose and take a picture of her standing out on pasture.

Just had since sunday, she came from high desert of N. Cal and as you can see in a lot being trucked feed for the last 2 months... not going to let her have that grass yet. She in a stall weaning of feed and onto local hay....and hoping to avoid the runs or snot nose.

Thanks,
Alan

KNERSIE":12de2c9s said:
I'll start by saying she is NOT post legged. ;-)

You know I'm wanting more from you! :D :D Since I can't seem to get them bred I'm buying them.. :roll:

Pm me if you want.
Alan

thats 1 heck of a nice looking heifer.i dont blame you for keeping her out of the grass.your doing the right thing getting her off feed an on to hay.she will prolly still get the crapps when you turn her on the pasture.

I like her Alan.
She has got a nice length on her, good thickness, I really like the muscle she has on her hindquarters. Nice deep red color.

since ive got apost about buying csome hiefers id like to kno0w the cost of such an animal..pm me if youd not like it public but it was when ya bought it so id sure like to know
thanks
gary

These photos tell a story. The first one is the graph on the breeder's web site. The second one is newer and on the AHA web site. Regardless Alan, I like your taste in Herefords.

View attachment 1

Thanks for posting that Herefordsire, it sure is an eye opener for those who use unproven calving ease bulls. :secret:

Just by looking at the pictures I thought she might become a really big cow. Looking at the YW I'm wondering just how big she is gonna get? I bet she raises some dandy calves.

KNERSIE":21cagx9m said:
Thanks for posting that Herefordsire, it sure is an eye opener for those who use unproven calving ease bulls. :secret:

You are welcome KNERSIE. Besides what you posted about calving ease, I also found the weakening milk illustrative.

HerefordSire":3fmr8vsv said:
KNERSIE":3fmr8vsv said:

You are welcome KNERSIE. Besides what you posted about calving ease, I also found the weakening milk illustrative.

Phenotype-wise, she looks much like a number of cows/heifers I have in my pasture. So I have the same criticisms that I'd have for them. I'd like to see more volume and depth of body, thus a little less of the leggy/growthy look, a little straighter topline, a little more natural thickness throughout in both muscle and flesh. But she's a very good heifer overall and a good place to start from.

The only other worry I see is I'd like to see more udder development at that age, but that could still come.

She's probably going to be bigger than ideal.

George

JHH":1io3kqkp said:
Nice heifer Alan. I like her

What are your plans for her. ( Bull selection , ect)

Thanks, she is just going into the herd, and start working her way down the cull list (hopfully over the years). Bull wise, I have put much serious thought into it, but Progress seems to comes to mind the most... I wonder what would happen if I said Revolution... :? Just getting things set up and ready to AI the first part of June.

Alan

Latest posts