new heifer choices

Help Support CattleToday:

joe

Reaction score
I am being gratious enough to allow the Mrs. another heifer this year. (maybe 2?) we are looking at a TC Freedom 104 daughter, or a Genetics by Design 049 daughter. Anybody have any input on these 2 sires?

Joe, you must be going to the same sale I am this weekend? I looked at the heifers you mentioned. The TC's have good depth to them, nice, clean front ends, fairly wide hipped. One of the TC's has some Papa in her, # 15130637. Just a personal fav. #14116081 has the most depth, great bone, big ribbed. The 049 daughter I liked best was #15102907. She has EXT on the dam side, low BW (#70) and weaned at 651. There is also a 5175 daughter high WW, her reg # is 15102971, and a New Design 878, that has a good pedigree #15116084. I am undecided as to a favorite at this point. But as a beginner, I can't help ya too much either. I usually make a star by the numbers, and sires I like, then look at the animal, some are automatically X'ed. But put stars by features you like... deep ribbed, good leg set, good diposition, etc. Count your stars, that's your winner.

thanks dee. we are going sat. to look at the heifers. We don't need a show heifer, but rather something that would make a ggood mama cow. high maternal, i think is the term? I don't recognize anything on the dam side of the Bando daughter. Do you know anything about JR juiceZ005? I remember a juice bull the owner no saled at a show due to having only 1 low bid on him. He was as tame and well behaved as a horse too. Can anyone offer advice on TC Freedom 104?

Latest posts