New Frontier (Angus bull)

Help Support CattleToday:

LoveMoo11

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used New Frontier? He's a Genex Angus bull. I am looking for something cheap to put into my cows and just get them bred, but I don't want crap either. I know you get what you pay for but I am not looking for anything extraordinary, just something I can sell and get a little return on. This is more to just keep the cows working. Any input appreciated.

Can't speak @ New Frontier, but I used SAF Directive on 4 1000-1200 pound angus young cows. The calves look really nice. Gonna wean them this weekend. We had 2 heifers that we'll keep. His EPD #'s look similar to NF. I think his semen was in the $12-$15 range.

I personsally would stay away from New Frontier, If you look at his performance data I believe his actual BW is 90#. In my opinion there are alot of bulls out there that are as good or better than him without the high BW. SAF Directive would work, as well as SAF Connection, What are you looking to do with the calves?

I just plan on raising the calves til weaning and shipping them, maybe keeping one steer to eat. My situation is kinda different- we used to have a big dairy/beef operation, sold the dairy a few years ago and have slowly been reducing the # of the beef herd now that my grandparents are getting older and I am away at school. Right now I am down to 6 cows (5 Angus, 1 Hereford, all purebred/registered) and one heifer calf that is 9 months. The point of keeping them is to give me something to start out with in a year and a half or so (I plan on having my own farm). So right now I just want to get them bred to keep them working and make a little return.

From experience speaking, if you are away at school, I would stay away from New Frontier, he has a big birth weight and the performance is good but not good enough to justify the calving. I would recommend using Mytty In Focus, This is a very high accuracy calving ease bull with alot of performance too. He has been a very popular bull in the angus breed for a few years and has great customer satisafaction. ABS carries semen on him. If you want more info message me and I will help all I can

If there is one thing I have noticed, it doesn't matter who the sire is, you will have half the people say stay clear of it, the other half will say he is good. I have heard plenty that loved their New Frontier calves, and I plan to use him myself this coming year. I have pulled his performance pedigree and it looks good, you can PM me if you want.

Latest posts