New Ford Maverick at a bare-bones price....

Help Support CattleToday:

1500lbs plus an extra 200 lbs....is 1,700lbs acceptable? I do that with my 1989 GMC Sierra regularly.
I put 2000 lb load springs and Bilstein (sp? on a 08 Ranger and I can handle up to a ton of distiller pellets just fine.
Just be careful not to push the corners and to have the load just shy of the front. This is not to promote a particular
vehicle or product but to illustrate one can make adjustments to the status quo and affect the results. I did in addition
to the above go to load range D tires and more pressure. you would have figured that out anyway!

Trucks have gone up to ridiculous prices in the last 2 yrs. I'm glad I bought in '18 and '19. It was a hard decision to make but it was time to replace 2 of ours so we did. We usually keep them about 7 yrs or more. The wife wants a new Tahoe really bad but we can't see paying 10k over sticker right now.

I put 2000 lb load springs and Bilstein (sp? on a 08 Ranger and I can handle up to a ton of distiller pellets just fine.
Just be careful not to push the corners and to have the load just shy of the front. This is not to promote a particular
vehicle or product but to illustrate one can make adjustments to the status quo and affect the results. I did in addition
to the above go to load range D tires and more pressure. you would have figured that out anyway!
Great idea. I've been trying to find 10-ply 15" tires....they only come in 17". Where do you buy your distillers pellets...are they bulk in 200, 500, 1,000 to 2,000. bags?

I'm going to pass on that little truck. I had a Dodge Ram 50 back in the 80's (it was really a Mitsubishi with Dodge painted on the tailgate). At the same time I did some driving for a local company that had a Mazda. After driving those two I promised myself I'd never buy another small pickup.
I've seen and remember those little Dodge RAM-50's...now you confirmed my suspicion...if it looks like a duck....

Great idea. I've been trying to find 10-ply 15" tires....they only come in 17". Where do you buy your distillers pellets...are they bulk in 200, 500, 1,000 to 2,000. bags?
If you are having a problem finding 10-ply try to locate Load Range D (or E). That should give sufficient side wall structure if you keep
the air pressure up. ( I use 50 #) Be careful when empty on gravel,,, l can use up to 2000 bags but I can get them at any weight
I choose from 1500 in increments of 100 lb. Currently I am running at 1700 and hauling about 6 miles of which 4 miles is gravel.
I am on pavement as is the feed so I can go long way around and stay on hard surface but it more than doubles the distance hauled!
My situation is somewhat unique this year as I have an ample supply of low quality hay that I need to use so as the calves get larger
they are processing more hay and the distiller input remains relatively stable. I do keep 20% lick tubs out for them as well.
I would guess them just shy of 700 and look to market the first week of April as that is when we start calving,
Do what works best for you.

Bought a 2019 one 6 months ago had 19k on it for $42,000 a sahara View attachment 12189
We test drove two weeks ago that looked exactly like yours, had a bit more mileage on it. Same color, 3.5" lift kit 35" tires. I think it was the Rubicon edition. They were asking the same $42k for it as well. Her and my son went down and had one ordered and built from the factory, she got a fairly bare bones one with the v6. I'm sure she's going to have a lot of fun putting miles on it. The selection of new ones available is nonexistent in our area. They told her that since hers is so basic build with manual transmission, doors, seats,windows, etc should take 6-8 weeks to build.

Jeeps went to shot when they quit putting the ol inline 6 in em. Quality ain't what it once was..
My wife has a2009 I bought for her brand new, it now has 280,000 miles on it andother thansomeshocks, plugs, oil changes and a couple of rear window struts we have done nothing to it and I wouldn't be afraid to drive it anywhere

Hyundai has a new one called the Santa Cruz like the Ford Maverick.......

2022-santa-cruz-0079-gallery:16-9

Hate to buy until the problems get worked out. With interest rates continuing to climb by this time next years there will be plenty of inventory with dealers wanting/needing to sell.
Maybe... GM for one is projecting records sales, led by huge increases in commercial truck sales and leases. As long as Pelosi's visit to Taiwan does nothing to disrupt computer chip production/distribution.

Maybe... GM for one is projecting records sales, led by huge increases in commercial truck sales and leases. As long as Pelosi's visit to Taiwan does nothing to disrupt computer chip production/distribution.
Also the earth is spinning faster and we better hope it does not come unglued. June 29, 2022 came to an end 1.59 milliseconds sooner than expected.