New Ford Maverick at a bare-bones price....

Help Support CattleToday:

Had you a FORD, you'd only need 1 truck!

😆 🤣 😂
A Ford couldn't handle it. Hahaha.
2 drivers and at times both gone are the same time. I dropped a trailer in Maine Yesterday and the other driver dropped one in Massachusetts today. I got home about 8 and he will be home late tonight or tomorrow morning.

For personal use I think I would rather have a Maverick than a 150 Lightning due to taking 10-14 hours to recharge the batteries.

That's no work truck! I've had 2 Ram 2500 (Cummins) since 2008, I have a 2014 now. I don't always need it but when I do it'll do just about anything I need it to. I've pulled huge loads of hay, stuck tractors from ponds and even a stuck 18 wheeler loaded with cattle.

That's no work truck! I've had 2 Ram 2500 (Cummins) since 2008, I have a 2014 now. I don't always need it but when I do it'll do just about anything I need it to. I've pulled huge loads of hay, stuck tractors from ponds and even a stuck 18 wheeler loaded with cattle.
It's a work truck for today's "working" generation!
🤣

I'm going to pass on that little truck. I had a Dodge Ram 50 back in the 80's (it was really a Mitsubishi with Dodge painted on the tailgate). At the same time I did some driving for a local company that had a Mazda. After driving those two I promised myself I'd never buy another small pickup.

I'm going to pass on that little truck. I had a Dodge Ram 50 back in the 80's (it was really a Mitsubishi with Dodge painted on the tailgate). At the same time I did some driving for a local company that had a Mazda. After driving those two I promised myself I'd never buy another small pickup.
I did like my little '84 4x4 Toyota.

Apparently I am the odd man out but I like it for a second truck. I only drive my ton trucks when towing or hauling. I use a 19 year old Ford escape for most everything else. I use it in the winter time daily to check cows and haul buckets of grain. It is light enough that it floats across mud that a full size truck would sink up, is low to the ground and easy to load. A Maverick looks like it would be a good replacement for the Escape for my use.

Apparently I am the odd man out but I like it for a second truck. I only drive my ton trucks when towing or hauling. I use a 19 year old Ford escape for most everything else. I use it in the winter time daily to check cows and haul buckets of grain. It is light enough that it floats across mud that a full size truck would sink up, is low to the ground and easy to load. A Maverick looks like it would be a good replacement for the Escape for my use.
I am using every ounce of restraint I have (I only have a little) to not buy a Jeep as my driver. I'd buy used, but it is crazy how high used Jeeps are.

1642169937771.png

Just for the fun of it I typed in single cab long bed 5.0L 4x4 vinyl base F150... $38K.
In 2019 I bought a new F350 STX extended cab single wheel gas for $38k. It didn't have a bed but is not a CC. I think the bed delete knocked off $600. I guess they've gone up

I am using every ounce of restraint I have (I only have a little) to not buy a Jeep as my driver. I'd buy used, but it is crazy how high used Jeeps are.

View attachment 12186

My sister had one for a few years. I drove it a few times. That cured me from ever wanting one. Part of it was getting used to the tight turning radius, but the biggest problem was that I felt cramped sitting in the seat. Like I had to keep both elbows tucked in tight.

I have a Dodge Dakota for my run around truck. Had Rangers and Blazers, but they don't have the same head, leg or butt room. It's 4x4 so goes about anywhere. Have an '01 2500 with Cummins for pulling that's probably worth as much as I paid for it, only 200K miles.

Low to the ground may make them easy to load, but for old folks my size "low to the ground" translates to "hard to get in and out of".

I have a 2006 half ton Chevy for every day driving and a 2000 3/4 ton Chevy that I inherited from my father for pulling a trailer.

In 2019 I bought a new F350 STX extended cab single wheel gas for $38k. It didn't have a bed but is not a CC. I think the bed delete knocked off $600. I guess they've gone up
That was on the build your own deal on the Ford website so it's probably msrp and the 4wd was a $5000 add on with a locking rear and like 373 gears. Still, 2wd if one was at a dealer like the old days, probably $30k, for a plane jane F150.

Latest posts