New Ford Maverick at a bare-bones price....

Help Support CattleToday:

I got the wife a 4Runner Limited a couple of years ago. She really likes it. She had a RAV4 before that, and really liked it. The gravel road we live on now was hard on the RAV
We looked at the RAV4, among several other SUV type rigs, and I know the 4Runner was definitely at the top of her list. Initially the wrangler was her 2nd choice until she got the chance to go in and actually pick and choose from the list and check off the boxes of what she wanted or I guess needed. Granted she would have preferred all the bells and whistles, but she drives lol, eleven miles a day to work and back so the basic needs trumped a lot of wants when it comes to having to pay for it all. Of course my truck is fully loaded, but it gets far more use.

I've got a F350 Lariat and a F350 STX. The STX is a XL with a chrome grill, it was the cheapest truck on the lot of a dealership that sells cheap feed trucks. I drive the STX 90% of the time and don't miss any of the fancy gadgets. It's crazy how you can spend $30k in the cab of a pick up on unnecessary stuff. A guy in town has one of those new mavericks. I'll look at it better next time I see him.

We looked at the RAV4, among several other SUV type rigs, and I know the 4Runner was definitely at the top of her list. Initially the wrangler was her 2nd choice until she got the chance to go in and actually pick and choose from the list and check off the boxes of what she wanted or I guess needed. Granted she would have preferred all the bells and whistles, but she drives lol, eleven miles a day to work and back so the basic needs trumped a lot of wants when it comes to having to pay for it all. Of course my truck is fully loaded, but it gets far more use.
I would not call a RAV an SUV

It has a great drive system. but it is just a boxy car that sets up a little higher.

I would not call a RAV an SUV

It has a great drive system. but it is just a boxy car that sets up a little higher.
I tried to haul a load of hedge (O'sage) firewood in my 2002 Rav. Never got out of 2nd gear unless going down hill.

I tried to haul a load of hedge (O'sage) firewood in my 2002 Rav. Never got out of 2nd gear unless going down hill.
My wife's 2007 had the V6 in it. It had the same power to weight ratio as a Corvette of that time. With exception of an S2000, that RAV was the quickest vehicle I have owned.

My wife's 2007 had the V6 in it. It had the same power to weight ratio as a Corvette of that time. With exception of an S2000, that RAV was the quickest vehicle I have owned.
Mine has a 2.0L guzonlyif
Guzonlyif you push it.

My wife bought one about 3 years ago. I don't drive it much, but I just drove it to Florida and back. She keeps it in "Economy" mode, and even in that setting it has all the quick I need.

2002 F350 4x4 flat bed w dew-eze bed, 2004 Silverado 4x4 with bullet hole in passenger door and 2014 Subaru Forester. Not Left or Right but Independent🌞

The one with bullet hole could tell some wild tales as my 96 yr old dad drove it.

Yeah, I guess I didn't really think about it before I called the RAV4 an SUV, lol. It really is more of boxy car with clearance. I don't think the wrangler is much more than something to drive around and look Offroad ready. But if it makes the wife happy, then I'm all for it. The guy at the dealership said that they sell the wranglers 4-1 to women over men. I guess that probably says everything right there. My off-road toy is a 1984 American general 6x6 5 ton military truck. Though it gets used more for hauling stuff for the farm. My daily truck is 2001 F450 with a very low mileage 7.3 in it.

That 3.5 V6 is a beast. 270hp as I recall, dead reliable too. The Camry with that engine would do 0-60 in six seconds which is pretty impressive for a family car.

This is the Maverick I had in 1979 in college and down in Houston. No power anything, no AC. I paid for that car twice by people banging into me and not fixing it. The no AC was the last straw on Houston freeway stop and go (mostly stop) 100 degree heat wearing a suit.

View attachment 12157
We had a 2 door 6 cyl 1970 (I think) Maverick.. a pretty decent driving car for its age, had no miles on it, we got it from an old guy in about 1990

Latest posts