New Ford Maverick at a bare-bones price....

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score

AASFUCb.img

Yup, gotta have cruise control.

I agree. My wife's new car has the kind that automatically slows you down if you get behind a vehicle going slower, then speeds back up to your selected speed when you move over into the other lane. We just got back from Florida, and I really enjoyed having it.

Load and towing capacity (if any)? Can a hitch ball even be installed? To me it looks like a SUV with the top cut off the back.

Do they still sell after market cruse control? I installed them in the 70's from Sears.
Oh wait Sears and the carburetor linkage are both gone.
Cruse control is a must and has been for the last 45 years.
That dog don't hunt.

Cruise is pointless here, there is no opportunity to use it for enough time at a stretch to make it worthwhile to use it. There are no freeways or long straight stretches. Cruise on the ice will get you in trouble or worse. I'm sure it's handy in it's place.

Pretty sure mine isn't working. Blew a trailer light fuse a while back and I'm thinking I replaced it with the cruise control fuse. Need to get that fixed in case I blow another important fuse.
Most people with dodges dont venture far enough from home to need it. 😂

I agree. My wife's new car has the kind that automatically slows you down if you get behind a vehicle going slower, then speeds back up to your selected speed when you move over into the other lane. We just got back from Florida, and I really enjoyed having it.
We have it in our Yukon and our CR-V. We like having it too.

Looks like that would be OK for a trip to the grocery store or doctor. A lower cost alternative to a Honda "pickup truck", I guess.
But for a cowboy/farmer? 4.5 foot bed? Whatcha gonna haul in 4.5 feet? Maybe bucket calves. But those generally go in the back seat unless you are hauling more than four.

The original Ford Maverick was an upgraded Ford Pinto, not a truck. Anybody remember those? And it says that is a hybrid. F1? Heterosis? EPD's? 2-way electric and gas? Stabilized? All these fancy terms have me confused.

Y'all must have different highways if you use cruise control. Here they are not straight or flat and you would kill chickens or dogs or goats if you tried to use cruise control. Maybe good for vacation, but farmers generally don't participate in those.

Power windows, locks, mirrors. Use to be that we only worried about power as far as having enough to get up the next hill without losing vacuum on the windshield wipers. And air conditioning was manual as well - roll down the window. Ain't no green in air conditioning, but sure does feel good in the heat.

You guys are getting soft with all these add-ons. And then "they" say that our economic condition is worse now than in the old days.

Latest posts