New Ford cab and chassis

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Anyone bought one of the newer Fords with the 6.7 in a cab and chassis? The engines are supposesly derated from 935 ft/lbs down to 750. Just curious if it's really that noticeable? Haven't been able to find a c/c here locally to drive, but the pickup bed trucks are pretty peppy.

Thanks.

No, but the Ram c/c are de-rated in similar fashion. It is noticeable, but I still pull 30k everyday and it keeps up fine. If you are going to use it hard, the de-rated engine will keep everything else from breaking in two, and still have more power than any of us ever thought we'd have in a pickup.

Thanks.

I like the c-channel frame and spring pack a lot better on the c/c models, the box frames make me nervous.

The Dodge C&C I have has been great. I couldnt notice a power difference in the truck I traded for it. My mechanic says it will last forever because its ot being pushed to the edge like the regular trucks. Same things FFS is saying. Just seems like a tougher truck overall. Rougher riding but not terrible

5S Cattle":3rkx3kb2 said:
Why did they de rate them?

Because 99% of them are driven by someone other than the guy that pays for the trucks and the maintenance. I don't destroy my equipment, the help does.

5S Cattle":hmao1b8f said:

Because the EPA made all auto makers de-rate their diesel C&C starting in 2011 model years. C&C diesel trucks have to emit the same pollutants per mile (ppm) driven as their pickup counter parts. The C&C trucks also have to do this with any foreseeable upfitted bed. In layman's terms a C&C with a 12 ft tall box bed on it has to emit the same ppm as a pickup. The easiest way for manufactures to meet the more stringent environmental regs. for C&C is to drop the HP and TQ versus their pickup counterparts.

hillbilly beef man":a2gr8jgb said:
5S Cattle":a2gr8jgb said:

Because the EPA made all auto makers de-rate their diesel C&C starting in 2011 model years. C&C diesel trucks have to emit the same pollutants per mile (ppm) driven as their pickup counter parts. The C&C trucks also have to do this with any foreseeable upfitted bed. In layman's terms a C&C with a 12 ft tall box bed on it has to emit the same ppm as a pickup. The easiest way for manufactures to meet the more stringent environmental regs. for C&C is to drop the HP and TQ versus their pickup counterparts.
Ok,that actually makes sense. Thanks

Okayeeeee. I have 2 c/c rigs, one rated and the other derated, each hooked to a 30k load. What difference does it make to me?

Latest posts