• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Ford cab and chassis

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Anyone bought one of the newer Fords with the 6.7 in a cab and chassis? The engines are supposesly derated from 935 ft/lbs down to 750. Just curious if it's really that noticeable? Haven't been able to find a c/c here locally to drive, but the pickup bed trucks are pretty peppy.

Thanks.

Farm Fence Solutions

Reaction score
No, but the Ram c/c are de-rated in similar fashion. It is noticeable, but I still pull 30k everyday and it keeps up fine. If you are going to use it hard, the de-rated engine will keep everything else from breaking in two, and still have more power than any of us ever thought we'd have in a pickup.

OP
cfpinz

cfpinz

Reaction score
Thanks.

I like the c-channel frame and spring pack a lot better on the c/c models, the box frames make me nervous.

Lucky

Reaction score
The Dodge C&C I have has been great. I couldnt notice a power difference in the truck I traded for it. My mechanic says it will last forever because its ot being pushed to the edge like the regular trucks. Same things FFS is saying. Just seems like a tougher truck overall. Rougher riding but not terrible

Farm Fence Solutions

Reaction score
5S Cattle":3rkx3kb2 said:
Why did they de rate them?

Because 99% of them are driven by someone other than the guy that pays for the trucks and the maintenance. I don't destroy my equipment, the help does.

hillbilly beef man

Reaction score
5S Cattle":hmao1b8f said:

Because the EPA made all auto makers de-rate their diesel C&C starting in 2011 model years. C&C diesel trucks have to emit the same pollutants per mile (ppm) driven as their pickup counter parts. The C&C trucks also have to do this with any foreseeable upfitted bed. In layman's terms a C&C with a 12 ft tall box bed on it has to emit the same ppm as a pickup. The easiest way for manufactures to meet the more stringent environmental regs. for C&C is to drop the HP and TQ versus their pickup counterparts.

5S Cattle

Reaction score
hillbilly beef man":a2gr8jgb said:
5S Cattle":a2gr8jgb said:

Because the EPA made all auto makers de-rate their diesel C&C starting in 2011 model years. C&C diesel trucks have to emit the same pollutants per mile (ppm) driven as their pickup counter parts. The C&C trucks also have to do this with any foreseeable upfitted bed. In layman's terms a C&C with a 12 ft tall box bed on it has to emit the same ppm as a pickup. The easiest way for manufactures to meet the more stringent environmental regs. for C&C is to drop the HP and TQ versus their pickup counterparts.
Ok,that actually makes sense. Thanks

Texasmark

Reaction score
Okayeeeee. I have 2 c/c rigs, one rated and the other derated, each hooked to a 30k load. What difference does it make to me?

Latest posts