NEW FORD 6.0 L Powerstroke

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Ford F-350 with the 6.0L powerstroke it has all the power in the world that I ever need for a 30 ft gooseneck haulin cattle. It gets decent miledge (19 mpg) when it has a big load behind it. I really like the auto transmission gives it that much more torque.

and to think the 05s that will be rolling off the lines soon will be improved even more. seems like this past year Ford has been improving their trucks in extreme amounts to slay the competition (04 F-150, 05 Super Duty).

We looked over a King Ranch '04 model and a new Plain-Jane '05 model. The King Ranch version is some kind of nice but I'd be reluctant to use it as my farm truck! It didn't have a price sticker on it. We like the style changes on the '05 model with the new grill. The '05 was an F-250 Super Duty with the Powerstroke engine and an auto. transmission. It has the trailer brake controls factory installed - nice. With an Off-Road package and a few other amenities, it listed for just under $44K (more than I paid for the farm, but that was 23 years ago!). We also looked at a comparable Chevy that listed for just over $47K. Chevy had a $3500 rebate and Ford had $1500 on the '04s, but said the '05s were selling hot enough that the Company wasn't offering anything off them yet. One of our sons works at the Ford Assembly plant in Hazelwood, MO, so we can get the Ford A-Plan price. My father-in-law worked for GM at the Corvette plant in St. Louis until it closed and then transferred to the truck plant and retired when it closed. That qualifies us for General Motors' GMS price. Either one will knock about $6K off the sticker price but right now that's just more pain than I think I can take! Guess I'll put the Ford on my Christmas list but I'm NOT gonna hold my breath!

an 04 king ranch will set you back a pretty penny. they will range between $38,000 for base gas engine to $51,000 for the big bad powerstroke dually fully loaded. it can get pretty pricey when it comes to such luxury. i could live in one of those things. such fine leathers, so comfortable. i cant wait to see the 05 F-150 King Ranch. but the KR is definately not something you want to use as a farm truck unless you have tons and tons of money to throw around. its more of a show off "look! im rich!" truck.

ccstockfarms_2003":1mail1d3 said:
I have a 2004 Ford F-350 with the 6.0L powerstroke it has all the power in the world that I ever need for a 30 ft gooseneck haulin cattle. It gets decent miledge (19 mpg) when it has a big load behind it. I really like the auto transmission gives it that much more torque.

They must be getting the bugs worked out of that new 6.0. From what I have read, a lot of the first 6.0's were having a lot of trouble (stalling, hesitation, no power, and poor fuel mileage).

Check out
http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/

TXBobcat":17ub6xna said:
ccstockfarms_2003":17ub6xna said:

They must be getting the bugs worked out of that new 6.0. From what I have read, a lot of the first 6.0's were having a lot of trouble (stalling, hesitation, no power, and poor fuel mileage).

Check out
http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/

TXBobcat, thanks for the link - could be a very useful site.

there have been lots of problems in the past with the powerstrokes. im guessing they are for the most part worked out by now. it was even to the point that Ford was considering dropping Detroit Diesel (Powerstroke maker). They were looking at 3 other diesels to use, CAT, John Deere, and Cummins. of course id go for the John Deere, because who wouldnt want a truck painted JD green? i think considerations for new super duty diesel engines are pretty much gone, but its still open for the upcoming F-150 diesel.