new fescue

Help Support CattleToday:

(User Above)":losatiyg said:
: Has anyone seen any information on the "toxic free fescue"? I was wondering if any one was going to try some.<p>I have an eight acre test plot planted of Pennington Seeds "Max Q". Looks good with very strong seedling growth. I am going to turn a set of weaned heifers out on it later this month.<p>I understand that there are some producers in GA that have a full year of data on the grass. Weight gains are comparable fungus free fescue (a good idea for grass that would not survive). <p>I have ordered seed to renovate 20 more acres this year. I believe that it will work good with Ladino clover in pastures or red clover in hayfields.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":3hlv788s said:
: : Has anyone seen any information on the "toxic free fescue"? I was wondering if any one was going to try some.<p>: I have an eight acre test plot planted of Pennington Seeds "Max Q". Looks good with very strong seedling growth. I am going to turn a set of weaned heifers out on it later this month.<p>: I understand that there are some producers in GA that have a full year of data on the grass. Weight gains are comparable fungus free fescue (a good idea for grass that would not survive). <p>: I have ordered seed to renovate 20 more acres this year. I believe that it will work good with Ladino clover in pastures or red clover in hayfields.<br> App. what is the seed cost,lb /acre and where are you located? Is there a good supply of seed? I am in Tn at app. 2000 ft elevation.<br>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

Latest posts