New Family Additions

Help Support CattleToday:

edb130

Reaction score
Just wanted to share. Our mother mastiff gave us three new babies two nights ago.
Mastiffs002.jpg

Compared to a coke can, how big are those suckers when they're born? Or would a loaf of bread be a better comparison, size wise?

dun

I would have thought a dog that size would have more puppies, is that generally the size litter they have? We have a little 40 lb mutt who had 8 puppies! They were so cute but I'm glad their gone.

I'm glad she just had 3...it's easier to watch them play and keep up with them...and easier for her to feed (no lack of feed for those babies).

I want you to do as I say and not as I do...do not get attached, or you'll have 4 huge dogs romping around for life. Ah heck, forget it. I'm already attached to them... :heart:

Alice

Oh they are so cute.

We have an English Mastiff female that just turned 2 so I've got to get busy and find her a fella so we can have some of the cuties also.

These are neat dogs.

Just looking at that blanket reminds me of the smell of them young puppies.....got to love that puppy smell...well at least most of it! :p

1848":1t3erf8c said:
Just looking at that blanket reminds me of the smell of them young puppies.....got to love that puppy smell...well at least most of it! :p

Thats just what I was thinking. Ain't nothing like puppy breath! And their gruntin. :)

dun":3tyu0ja5 said:
Compared to a coke can, how big are those suckers when they're born? Or would a loaf of bread be a better comparison, size wise?

dun

my nephew just drove from Iowa to Oklahoma for a Mastiff pup
he stopped at our house on the way home

his pup was 8 weeks old and she was the same size as our full grown Jack Russell

I've always wondered how big Chihuahua puppies are when they were born anyone know?

dun

Dun, I'd say about in between a coke can and a loaf of bread, closer to the coke can though.

I want you to do as I say and not as I do...do not get attached, or you'll have 4 huge dogs romping around for life. Ah heck, forget it. I'm already attached to them...

Alice

Alice, no need to worry. We have two in the house. The babies will go when their ready. Our male is my personal dog, but the female belongs to the kids. They bought her both for a pet but also an investment and they sell the puppies and then invest their money in cattle.

Oh they are so cute.

We have an English Mastiff female that just turned 2 so I've got to get busy and find her a fella so we can have some of the cuties also.

These are neat dogs.

Gate Opener, I'm glad you share my love for these gentle giants. If you don't want to purchase a male perhaps you could find a male and pay a stud fee. My wife has been considering doing that with our male mastiff.

OH... ALRIGHT... I'll take the fawn pup. But I may have to find a new place for both of us to live.

MillIron, in about 8 weeks he'll be ready but you'd have to talk to my kids to see how much $.

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. My family and I love these lovable dogs. We take great joy in their gentle nature and the love they display for family.

mdmdogs3":3k3mh18k said:
dun":3k3mh18k said:

dun

my nephew just drove from Iowa to Oklahoma for a Mastiff pup
he stopped at our house on the way home

his pup was 8 weeks old and she was the same size as our full grown Jack Russell

I've always wondered how big Chihuahua puppies are when they were born anyone know?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chihuahua_(dog)
this link might tell you what you asked. haven't read it all. you may have to type it out as the link is coming up just about the area. it doesn't include the (dog) part.

Latest posts