new 'fake' users

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep":nsjo5e2g said:
I'm seeing a whole lot of new users with 1 or 2 posts, and those posts have NOTHING to do with the topic or any previous posts...

From my understanding these users need their first few posts 'approved'...

this is just the latest glaring example
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=99461&p=1267712#p1267712

Mod 1 has said he/she can't look at all the post, but I also thought the blue name was to show post were being screened before posting. That said I saw nothing wrong with the post other than it made no sense whatsoever with the topic. I'm also under the impression CT has pretty good spam filters, I don't think that would be considered spam though.....

perhaps a mod or Mgravelee can tell us if we should flag these kinds of posts that are evident? I know there's a line in the sand somewhere, but some of these posts cross it... that same user also posted in Karin's thread, also saying it was a 'memorable experience', and it makes sense there, though that might have been by complete accident!

Alan":3qkgc1sh said:
Nesikep":3qkgc1sh said:
I'm seeing a whole lot of new users with 1 or 2 posts, and those posts have NOTHING to do with the topic or any previous posts...

From my understanding these users need their first few posts 'approved'...

this is just the latest glaring example
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=99461&p=1267712#p1267712

Mod 1 has said he/she can't look at all the post, but I also thought the blue name was to show post were being screened before posting. That said I saw nothing wrong with the post other than it made no sense whatsoever with the topic. I'm also under the impression CT has pretty good spam filters, I don't think that would be considered spam though.....

I would have expected the screening to have highlighted that post as inappropriate -though if it wasn't read in the context of the thread I can see how it might have slipped through.
Or maybe it's just not breaking any evident rules. You see comments like this right across the internet, totally unrelated to the subject at hand. I suspect most of the posters don't use English.
At the same time, you don't want to discourage the people who *do* struggle with English language but sincerely want to add to the conversation.

These types of posts show up in the Moderation Queue nearly every night. In the past they have all been from Asia, this is the first from Australia. I have deleted them in the past and the user never shows up again. Decided to go ahead and approve these just to see what happens.
China is blocked from posting at all since they would flood a couple of hundred spams a day.

Damm Aussie's! :mad: BAN all the Aussie members CT has! :hide: :hide: :hide: :banana:

I don't know if this is do able, but what if new members had to post at least their first post if not their first three post in the introduction section.

I seldom even pay it any attention when the poster's name is blue. Just pass over it. This really doesn't happen that often or not that we're aware of anyway.

TexasBred":3qvskw2y said:
I seldom even pay it any attention when the poster's name is blue. Just pass over it. This really doesn't happen that often or not that we're aware of anyway.
I like to read a story like this. It's great fun and memorable.

IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT, YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY PUDDING! HOW CAN YOU HAVE YOUR PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT?

As expected OP the fake new user hasn't been back

Latest posts