IMG_3219.jpg

This one is sired by Winston

IMG_3227.jpg

These are Highway's

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_3207.jpg

My first AI calf. Baldie crossed back with a black sim (Don't ask me the bull or the Epd's cause I' forgot :oops: Supposedly a good one though but we'll see if she makes the replacement list. She does have the spunk to her though)

IMG_3203.jpg

Winston's calves

IMG_3201.jpg

These are sired by Winston and Knothead. So far, most are bulls but the numbers are shifting back toward that 50/50 mix.

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3260.jpg

joe some good lookin calf's you got their.Highway is that the herf bull you posted pic's of some time back? If i remember he was as long as a freight train.

rattler

rattler":1rwrycv1 said:
joe some good lookin calf's you got their.Highway is that the herf bull you posted pic's of some time back? If i remember he was as long as a freight train.

rattler

That was him. He is stocky and long. I bought Winston and Knothead sometime last year. Highway looks like the younger brother of Winston while Knothead is .... I don't know. Got a screwy looking head to me.

Nice calves . Usually around here buyers like that cross, but now days who knows what they want as they will dock you for something stupid. As CB says they should make some of them folding $$$$.

john250":rl2rv8qu said:
By the time they sell the market is going to be a lot better. :banana: At least I keep telling myself that.

I keep telling myself the same thing too. I hope things pick up for everybody cause I sure like having these little faces and personalities around. Besides, they are a lot easier that cutting okra. ;-) :lol2:

1982vett":2sg3ytjo said:
Lookin all right, except something about the black face one seems a bit out of place. :p

:lol2: She gets me too. Its like she don't fit in or something but supposedly she is going to be a good one if she don't morf into a dwarf jersey or something. ;-)

kenny thomas":nd4m80d4 said:
Look great. Must have some good milkers. Are your SimmeX bigger at weaning?

Hard to say for sure. I used a simx bull last year hoping to get some replacements. Couldn't tell any difference in the weight but then again he was a cross between a chi - sim - and angus.

The little black one in the pic is the first pure sim genetics I've used. Sure was a small calf but then again that's what we set out to do since she was a heifer.

Latest posts