New engine

Help Support CattleToday:

lavacarancher

Reaction score
Anyone ever use a Banks diesel crate motor? My old GMC Duramax is still going strong at near 300K but it can't last forever. I just don't want to spend $60K on a new truck so I'm thinking about repowering it. Everything else on the truck seems to be holding together OK.

I've never used one, but I've heard good things about them. I will say I really like your idea. I think taking care of this older stuff and keeping it running is not a bad way to go for some people.

Check out Pela Motorsports, he's the best Duramax engineer in the country. And he's also a fine young man too boot.

Banks has been working with GM diesel motors for at least 30 years. I almost put one of their sidewinder turbos on my 86 6.2 but just couldn't spare the coin. Banks also created the turbo brake prior to it being deployed on the newer diesel engines and they were consulted by GM prior to installing the turbo brake on the gm trucks. Banks has a great reputation and I have used their products and they are top of the line.