New dog just saved a cow

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Scooby just saved a cow. From a bullet. Cow gets out and it's just me, him, a field
Edge and some woods. Codey and Jessie are at youth and church tonight. Cow kept scooting into the woods, scooby kept getting her back out. Took him about 2 minutes to figure out what I was trying to do with the cow. Once he did he got her an kept her out and also got her moving the right direction to the gate I had opened up. She shot past it and he got in front of her and headed her back.
Now you're gonna ask how he saved her from a bullet. She has been pushing the fence all day. Always went back in easy until it got dark. The bullet would have been from my rifle. Instead, she's getting a trip to the sale barn too. Good cow. Raises a good calf. But Screw this fence pushing and escaping

I would have been hours trying to get her without the dog.

Its amazing what they know and how they can just pick up on what you are doing. Sounds like Scooby is going to earn his keep. I know what you mean about the bullet. Recently had a fence wise bull calf that nearly died the other night from a gunshot but he scampered on through the fence when he saw me. He's giving someone else troubles today I'm sure because he only got out because he could. No other reason.

The amazing thing to me is that this dog has never seen any stock until he came here. I'm still wondering who he's going to bond better to. Codey or me.

now thats a good dog.sorry the cow was being a hammerhaed an got herself a free ride to the sale.hope you can pen her easy when its sale time.

Glad your new dog is smart and picked up what he needed to do for you fast :) I thought you were naming it Goober? I like Scooby too :) big hugs

Shantilly":3b2jd54u said:
Glad your new dog is smart and picked up what he needed to do for you fast :) I thought you were naming it Goober? I like Scooby too :) big hugs
Scooby pbj something or other is his registered name. He resounds to scooby. Goober is harder to say 100 times a day too haha

hooknline":2vg3vncm said:
The amazing thing to me is that this dog has never seen any stock until he came here. I'm still wondering who he's going to bond better to. Codey or me.
Speaking of never seen stock....I seen some cowboys the other day with Boxers. What were those dogs used for??

Latest posts