New Day Daughter

Help Support CattleToday:

Ohrmundt Simmentals":mzt4fl24 said:
Nice looking girls. Could be the pics but I like the first one a little better.

Hey, you got some nice cattle. Yes, the first one is a exceptional. She was an easy pick. Very good feet and solid legs inder her. New Day is suppose to stamp his daughters with good feet and udder.

Thanks, OS.

That is a nice heifer!!! She sure has a nice hip and a full barrel. She has a pretty head and face. She should have some really pretty calves, as she is so nice. Lucky Dog!

Chuckie":3s526xcr said:
That is a nice heifer!!! She sure has a nice hip and a full barrel. She has a pretty head and face. She should have some really pretty calves, as she is so nice. Lucky Dog!
Thank you Chuckie. You should come up and see her sometime.

Inyati, have you ever been to the heifer sale in Lebanon? My neighbor bought a few there last year and they were slick. I'm thinking about going up there this Year, just wondering if they always had quality stuff.

The first heifer is one classy lady. The second one is nice too. I'd like to see a profile pic of her.
Congrats on getting some nice heifers : )

I did see BSE's comment, when I looked on the Angus site all the information was sending me to my member log in. I think you would be better off (if you decide to test) with BSE's recommendation. Again nice heifers how will you be breeding them?

Gizmom

Ron,
Those are very very nice! One of my neighbors buys from the Philips and has asked me a couple of times to go to their farm with him. After seeing yours I will go over with him the next time. I know theirs sale very well/very high at the Simi sales so I'm sure you paid for them but you have to to get that kind of quality. You could probably AI them and do very well selling % bulls or show steers out of them. Black Simmentals are becoming very popular in this part of the country. My Simmentals bulls sale with out effort to local commercial breeders.

HughesFamilyCattle":eugrz55h said:
Ron,
Those are very very nice! One of my neighbors buys from the Philips and has asked me a couple of times to go to their farm with him. After seeing yours I will go over with him the next time. I know theirs sale very well/very high at the Simi sales so I'm sure you paid for them but you have to to get that kind of quality. You could probably AI them and do very well selling % bulls or show steers out of them. Black Simmentals are becoming very popular in this part of the country. My Simmentals bulls sale with out effort to local commercial breeders.
Are you referring to the Belles of the Bluegrass,? This year it will be Oct 12, 2013 at the Chenault Center, Mt. Sterling, KY. They did well at the KY State Fair:
nxsuit.jpg

Yeah that Sale and the Ky Beef Expo thier at the fairgrounds in Louisville is where I bought my Simmental breeding stock. Little open (halter broke and usually out of a Donor) heifers go for $1800 to $3000.

I really like the first heifer, A LOT! Great hip on her. You got a great one there, and if she was mine she would ALWAYS be AI'd! Top quality there. The other one is more common, and has the typical extra leather a simm carries. Not that she is bad, just not as good as your first! Great job on picking out a super one!!! She can hang out in my herd any time :D

Chuckie":1gg4pvox said:

Nice comment. I thank you.

tripleBfarms":3n5noyvg said:
Inyati, have you ever been to the heifer sale in Lebanon? My neighbor bought a few there last year and they were slick. I'm thinking about going up there this Year, just wondering if they always had quality stuff.

No but I been to the bar in Lebanon where the Turtle Man waters in. :lol: :lol:
You must go in there, the food is not bad.

You should go to the Belles of the Bluegrass if you like Simmentals and Simangus. Oct 12, 2013 at the Chenault Ag Center, Mt. Sterling.

Fire Sweep Ranch":1doi5b79 said:
I really like the first heifer, A LOT! Great hip on her. You got a great one there, and if she was mine she would ALWAYS be AI'd! Top quality there. The other one is more common, and has the typical extra leather a simm carries. Not that she is bad, just not as good as your first! Great job on picking out a super one!!! She can hang out in my herd any time :D

Kris, I do plan to AI her and I will have her tested for the DD. Then I will know if I need to check her off-spring. Probability is 50 50, so I am not too worried.

inyati13":1tzv2upr said:
HughesFamilyCattle":1tzv2upr said:
Ron,
Are you referring to the Belles of the Bluegrass,? This year it will be Oct 12, 2013 at the Chenault Center, Mt. Sterling, KY. They did well at the KY State Fair:
nxsuit.jpg

Congratulations, look at all them sunshiney smiling faces!!!

ALACOWMAN":1qptb2bv said:
inyati13":1qptb2bv said:
Cindy, they can be very proud of their family. Great people.
good heifer,, that little boy is a hoot ...

I remember Keith's, one in the back on the right, first trip out to deliver two heifers. He had his little girl. She was so cute. He told me he brought her to get some time with her. They are busy folks. Look at the little fellow"s boots. Yes, he is a hoot.

I was ask why I bought a potential carrier and why she was not tested. I bought her knowing she is a potential carrier and many folks have not started testing for DD yet. As Ken said above, I sell the calves after weaning and I assume they go to feeder lots. I guess it is possible that one could be purchased as a heifer by a producer. But I would not represent one of my calves as a replacement heifer to another producer unless I had it tested. That is why, I will probably test her this fall for DD.

inyati13":3pqhtvel said:
I was ask why I bought a potential carrier and why she was not tested. I bought her knowing she is a potential carrier and many folks have not started testing for DD yet. As Ken said above, I sell the calves after weaning and I assume they go to feeder lots. I guess it is possible that one could be purchased as a heifer by a producer. But I would not represent one of my calves as a replacement heifer to another producer unless I had it tested. That is why, I will probably test her this fall for DD.

Nice heifer there inyati.

We have two carriers in our herd; both for NH. We always AI for first calf, and that calf is tested. If they are a carrier and a bull, it is an automatic cut. If it is a heifer (thankfully, we have not had one yet) we make sure the new owner knows her status. Then, every calf after that is an embryo, she becomes a recip. At least, that is how we have done it so far. But everyone is tested, so we KNOW what we are dealing with! Carriers are not bad, you just have to breed them and use them accordingly!

Latest posts