New Date

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman":2b8jxny4 said:
I just seen on TV where the new date for the digital change on TV has been set back til June 12th,2009

Well, that's about time. Maybe I can be ready by then. :oops:

Lammie":31oq4s36 said:
Angus Cowman":31oq4s36 said:
I just seen on TV where the new date for the digital change on TV has been set back til June 12th,2009

Well, that's about time. Maybe I can be ready by then. :oops:
they said since the majority of people weren't ready they decided to postpone it til then

I guess we live in a world of procrastinaters

House Defeats Bill to Delay Digital TV Transition

WASHINGTON -- The House has defeated a bill to postpone the upcoming transition from analog to digital television broadcasting by four months to June 12.

House Republicans succeeded in scuttling a bill to delay the transition, which is scheduled for Feb. 17, less than two days after the Senate unanimously passed the plan.

The defeat is a setback for the Obama administration and Democrats on Capitol Hill, who fear too many Americans are not ready for the switchover.

The Nielsen Co. estimates more than 6.5 million U.S. households that rely on analog television sets to pick up over-the-air broadcast signals could see their TV sets go dark next month if the transition is not postponed.

Well I got their dumb box, but it don't work for crap with my rabbit ears, so I guess I need to get a different kind of antenna. Glad it has been put off.

So it is switching over? I'm more confused than normal now. Is or is it not being delayed? I needs to know.

Lammie, it is switching over still, just not til June.
Its not going to make a difference anyways, people are still just gonna wait til the week before to do it :lol:

House defeats bill to delay = voted no to delay = Dam the torpedos - full speed ahead.

Seems Ploosey is POed about something to diss her man like she is.

perda04":3riqhfo0 said:
The Nielsen Co. estimates more than 6.5 million U.S. households that rely on analog television sets to pick up over-the-air broadcast signals could see their TV sets go dark next month if the transition is not postponed.

They make it sound like this would be a BAD thing. :???:

Angus Cowman":38rhxbhz said:
1982vett":38rhxbhz said:
House defeats bill to delay = voted no to delay = Dam the torpedos - full speed ahead.

Seems Ploosey is POed about something to diss her man like she is.
They posted on tv today that it is delayed until 6-12-09

OK, Perda's linked article was published Jan 28. Old news by congress standards. Guess that bill didn't have enough payoff money attached.

I'm so embarrassed. Here is a later story.

Congress Votes To Delay TV Transition

Congress voted Wednesday to give consumers four more months to prepare for the upcoming transition from analog to digital television broadcasting.

The House voted 264-158 to postpone the shutdown of analog TV signals to June 12, to address growing concerns that too many Americans won't be ready in time for the Feb. 17 deadline that Congress had set three years ago. The Senate passed the measure unanimously last week and the bill now heads to President Barack Obama for his signature.

Wednesday's vote came one week after House Republicans blocked the bill when it was in a special fast-track vote that required two-thirds support to pass. This time, the bill passed the House under a regular floor vote, which only requires a simple majority.

Latest posts